New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do You Have a Landline Phone?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 92.00%
  • No

2 8.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    You mean just the internet with out the fone? Not sure in the Philippines but when i was in Japan you can get the internet (wired connection) without the fone subscription (cheaper). But in the Philippines, bundled na siya eh, and its not much expensive anyway.
    Yup. Ours is not bundled kasi. My Mom does not like to change our landline number so we can get fiber

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Plain Old Telephone System

Most business establishments still do have them as they are more reliable/faster than wireless for telebabad use.

DSL for residential comes bundled with POTS, while most business packages are stand-alone DSL.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Baka you had your landline way before dsl was a thing? technically, you don't need a landline (unit) to have DSL. nakikisakay lang ang DSL sa wired connection ng landlines. I believe ang packages bundled talaga ang landline, well at least sa DSL. you may opt not to use it naman, but it comes in handy for tech support purposes. Also, if you upgrade to Fibr, you can still retain your old landline number.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    Baka you had your landline way before dsl was a thing? technically, you don't need a landline (unit) to have DSL. nakikisakay lang ang DSL sa wired connection ng landlines. I believe ang packages bundled talaga ang landline, well at least sa DSL. you may opt not to use it naman, but it comes in handy for tech support purposes. Also, if you upgrade to Fibr, you can still retain your old landline number.
    nag apply kami fibr sabi ng pldt hindi pwede old number so we have to give up an old landline number

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    Yes. We had our landline before we had DSL. We are paying around P1k for the phone and P999 for the DSL

I'm confused nga because PLDT says we can retain our old number when we switch to fiber but my ex said they had to give up their landline for fiber. Also the same was said by tsikoteers about fiber (need to give up old number)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    may namention ba silang reason bakit hindi maretain? kasi afaik, magbabago lang ang number mo kung magttransfer ka ng location. kung same location lang naman dapat same lang. actually, applicable lang yun sa DSL as it's circuit-switched (POTS as commented previously), kung fiber, voip na (digital). I could be wrong though, I thought absolute ang retention ng number if you migrate to fiber.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i don't know technicals of pldt fibr

pero may nakausap ako pldt guys working sa street

they had a big spool of new cable so i asked them what that's for (pakialamero ako eh hehe)

sabi nila it's for fibr

kaya kami nag apply ng fibr kasi meron na available sa kalye namin

baka kaya hindi pwede i hook up ang fibr sa dating landline is coz fibr uses totally different cable

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Pwede mo i-retain yung old number, kakausapin mo lang yung technician at sales rep. Ganun ginawa sa field office namin eh nung nag-kabit ng fiber. Sayang kasi kung magbabago. Definitely mag-layout sila ng bagong cables.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    oh ok

oh well, nandyan na bagong landline number eh

gamitin nalang

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Fibr uses optics na kaya need ng different cable. Parang GSM lang din yan, when there was LTE, you need to change your 2G/3G SIM to LTE-capable SIM retaining the same mobile number. Old SIM (DSL) needs to be deactivated then new LTE SIM activated (Fibr). Di pwedeng sabay. Sa case lang ng PLDT, it takes days or weeks perhaps.
    Baka nagpapadulas lang ang technician para pwede iretain ang old number.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast