New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2002
    available na ba yan dyan? pwedi kaya pang personal use?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    JUST WHAT I NEED!!!!

questions..
    how much??

grabe..sana nga..
    kapag nagkataon..
    i can go home anytime i want..
    go trailing kahit na on-call ako..
    (goodbye to dial-up and internet via Globe GPRS)..
    this will save my social life!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    [SIZE=4]PLDT offers new wireless Internet service, extends NDD promo[/SIZE]
    PLDT WeRoam, the new service allows for unmatched mobility for a company’s workforce while ensuring reliable local area network (LAN) and Internet connectivity without the burden of unwieldy wires.

Mary Ann Ll. Reyes
    The Philippine Star

The massive broadband infrastructure of Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) and the huge wireless coverage of subsidiary of Smart Communications have combined to break new ground in wireless Internet access through a new service that offers cost-effective wireless connectivity for small and medium enterprises and large corporations with remote offices and road warriors.

Called PLDT WeRoam, the new service allows for unmatched mobility for a company’s workforce while ensuring reliable local area network (LAN) and Internet connectivity without the burden of unwieldy wires.

"For a company with mobile employees, this service could potentially redound to increased efficiency and consequently improved revenues," PLDT corporate business group head Eric Alberto said.

He added that even for a company that has not given mobility much though, PLDT WeRoam opens up possibilities, all these without having to depend on and get tied down by a wired network.

The service offers four packages that will cater to various needs of the clients: PLDT WeRoam Mobile (with Internet), WeRoam Mobile (with Virtual Private Network), WeRoam Direct (with LAN connection to the global Internet), and WeRoam Direct (with LAN to LAN connection).

PLDT WeRoam Mobile will employ general packet radio service (GPRS) and enhanced data for global evolution (EDGE) technologies, providing speeds of up to 170 kilobits per second (kbps) and nationwide cellsite-to-cellsite handover for a seamless connection while on the move.

PLDT WeRoam Direct will have a much higher speed of up to 1.024 megabits per second (mpbs) through the use of Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) technology. Unlike WeRoam Mobile, this package offers fixed wireless connectivity within office premises only.

The GPRS, WiFI and EDGE-enabled cellsites for this service will be provided by PLDT subsidiary Smart Communications.

PLDT WeRoam packages range from P1500 to P14,500 a month depending on the speed and type of package. Email addresses and web space with anti-virus features are also provided. P10/NDD call promo extended

PLDT has extended for one more month or until April 11 its P10-per-call national direct dialing (NDD) promo as demand for cheaper calls continued to increase.

The offer allows PLDT landline subscribers to call other PLDT subscribers nationwide, as well as the 20 million subscribers of Smart and Talk ‘N Text for a flat rate of only P10 per call.

PLDT retail business group head Butch Jimenez said it is proving to be successful as the number of calls, callers and even connections has grown significantly when the promo started in February.

He explained that prior to the promo, PLDT used to average 100,000 callers per day calling NDD or Smart and Talk ‘N Text cellphones. Less than three weeks after the promo, the number of callers jumped to 146,000 per day.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir silver_corolla... my sis is interested dito, a few weeks ago, tiningnan ko yung website. it stated P2,500/month minimum of 1 year..

tonight sinubukan kong i-access yung site, ayaw lumabas, available pa ba ang service nato? i need some infos kasi eh.. balak ng sis ko.

hope you could help. salamat

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pissword
    sir silver_corolla... my sis is interested dito, a few weeks ago, tiningnan ko yung website. it stated P2,500/month minimum of 1 year..

tonight sinubukan kong i-access yung site, ayaw lumabas, available pa ba ang service nato? i need some infos kasi eh.. balak ng sis ko.

hope you could help. salamat
    Hi pissword,

the site and service are still available for your inquiries. you can check it again.

Br,
    SC

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    isa din yun.. panu na yung mga walang lap top.... huhuhuhu

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok salamat po...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Pwedeng gamitin siguro yung Smartphones, PDAs, or any capable high-end phones.

I use a Windows Mobile Smartphone to check my emails in the office. Thru GPRS ito. Yun palang nagawa ko.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hindi daw ata pwede gamitin ang smartphones...

ang reply sakin ng taga PLDT, pwede lang siya gamitin sa mga laptops na may PCMCIA slot... anu yun? hehehe isip ko memory card.. tama ba?

it means bawal ang mga PDA

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i was able to use a pldt we roam card. its very convenient

its only for use in a laptop computer and you insert it on the pcmcia slot or the slot for your lan card.

i get about 220kbps connection speed and you can use this whereever there is a smart signal

it connects to the internet through the cellular phone network

you can literally get a signal even when you are in the vehicle but of course, it assumes that you are not driving or if you are, then in very heavy traffic and at a full stop, hahaha

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
PLDT WeRoam Nationwide Wireless Internet!!