Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Pwede bang gamitin for individual use?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by benderbot
    i was able to use a pldt we roam card. its very convenient

its only for use in a laptop computer and you insert it on the pcmcia slot or the slot for your lan card.

i get about 220kbps connection speed and you can use this whereever there is a smart signal

it connects to the internet through the cellular phone network

you can literally get a signal even when you are in the vehicle but of course, it assumes that you are not driving or if you are, then in very heavy traffic and at a full stop, hahaha
    Sayang. Di pala pwede sa PDA and Smartphones. Mas handy kasi ito kesa laptops. Sana may CF slot o converter na pwedeng magkabit ng PCMCIA card. Hoping...

So, PCMCIA card type pala ang gamit.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baurtwellXUV
    isa din yun.. panu na yung mga walang lap top.... huhuhuhu
    Good day baurtwellXUV!

As of now the WeRoam service is for laptop and desktop only. WeRoam Mobile is for the laptop, and the WeRoam Direct is for the Desktop.

But PLDT is working this service to be available in PDA or Mobile also, we’ll inform you about this as soon as the service is available.

Br,
    SC

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hindi ba pwedeng ang we roam mobile if aalis isasaksak sa laptop and if nasa bahay isasaksak sa desktop?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    pissword -- puede mong ilipat ang we roam lan card

we already tried it on three different laptops, one after the other.

just make sure that each of the laptops or desktop computers has the aircard 700 series watcher

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hmmm.. ganun? hehe lan card slot pala ang kelangan... salamat

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ha! Just got my air card the other day. Too bad, I always have gprs connection that means 33-40kbps at max. Tried driving around with laptop on, sa may Otis merong edge connection but internet speed was sooo slow, probably because the vehicle was in motion.

Traversed upto Dian St. in Makati, where edge was available, ok naman ang speed almost doubled sa gprs reaching 70-80kbps at times but not all the time. Kelangan pa kasi install yung dialer ng WeRoam via CD drive, Air Card Watcher as 111prez posted. Pero sa tingin ko pwede ito configure kung may sariling dialer yung PDA.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Ha! Just got my air card the other day. Too bad, I always have gprs connection that means 33-40kbps at max. Tried driving around with laptop on, sa may Otis merong edge connection but internet speed was sooo slow, probably because the vehicle was in motion.

Traversed upto Dian St. in Makati, where edge was available, ok naman ang speed almost doubled sa gprs reaching 70-80kbps at times but not all the time. Kelangan pa kasi install yung dialer ng WeRoam via CD drive, Air Card Watcher as 111prez posted. Pero sa tingin ko pwede ito configure kung may sariling dialer yung PDA.
    mr ungas, where can we get info on all areas that EDGE is avail? do i need to sign in pa ba if i only hav a wifi capable laptop? assuming i did not get pldt's weRoam.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i heard that globe is planning to release its own version of the weroam service at mas mura daw

ay sorry, pldt weroam thread pala ito, hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jad
    mr ungas, where can we get info on all areas that EDGE is avail? do i need to sign in pa ba if i only hav a wifi capable laptop? assuming i did not get pldt's weRoam.
    WiFi hotspot connection is another internet connection service. They just bundled WeRoam with WiFi hotspot service for additional P500/month on top of WeRoam's P2000 MSF.

Your wifi capable laptop will not be able to connect to WeRoam service without Sierra AirCard that has its own PC card/sim to connect to Smart network's GPRS/EDGE signal. With regards to EDGE coverage, I think silver_corolla should know more where their service is available.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
PLDT WeRoam Nationwide Wireless Internet!!