New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Guys pano ba i-set ng tama? Nacoconnect minsan but not really stable. Bigla nalang madisconnect then will reconnect after. Problem is, pag may kausap ka sa YM etc hassle.

Unlike pag direct connection from DSL router - laptop.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir, by any chance are you using a D-Link WiFi adapter?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I was so pissed I went back to direct na lang. Buying a diffrent router. Bulok CDR-King pati kasi mga hardware pinasok na nila, hindi naman ako bumili kasi

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I were you, I would just take it back for exchange for different item.

As for the router to use, I am using TP-Link brand routers for home and office. They have proven to be dependable and reliable. They are also affordable, costing only P1,400 for a 4 port wifi B/G 54mbs router. Setup is pretty straight forward if you are used to configuring other routers.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    so far, happy user with their USB Wireless LAN Card. "G" lang yung binili ko. but they also have "N"

I'm hoping may darating na "N" access point sa kanila. I don't like to use a router for my Smartbro.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Make sure that the WAN connection is set for "Always Connected" instead of "Connect on-demand" or something to that effect.

My personal take on cheap wireless routers is that, wireless performance begins to diminish when there are more than 4 wireless clients connected to it.

I have 3 wireless AP/routers in my house; a D-Link, TP-Link and an old Cisco (using channels 1, 6, and 11). The D-Link would shut down its radio intermittently for no apparent reason other than having more than 4-5 workstations connected to it (have had it replaced twice already). Sometimes it works for days and then WiFi just goes offline. On the TP-Link, whenever I attempt to connect a 5th wireless client, the connection becomes erratic and affects all clients. On the other hand, the 802.11b Cisco Aironet 350 AP (old by today's standards) can take more than 20 clients without any problems... but is expensive.

And then, there's Linksys. Don't let the "By Cisco" slogan on Linksys boxes fool you as I've also heard a lot of wireless problems with Linksys as well when connecting multiple users. I've worked with Cisco devices for almost 10 years and Linksys quality and performance is NOWHERE near Cisco's. Cisco just bought the company to have better market coverage.
    Last edited by oj88; May 11th, 2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Added comments on Linksys

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    their antenna booster is pure BS. na subukan na namin. tested 2 units kasi akala namin may sira yung una. eh mas malakas pa pala ang original antenna keysa "booster" nila.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Recently acquired a Belkin N+ for a business client. Sobrang ok. Wifi-N, Gigabit, USB (storage or printer) for only 6k.

Pwede ka rin mag Linksys for 8k (Wifi-N, gigabit, USB).

Edimax wifi-N (300mbps), 10/100 LAN is less than 3K. Quality is so much better than Linksys. May gigabit version yan kaso wala pa dito sa market.

sa CDRKing, you get what you pay for.

PLDT DSL & CD-R King wireless router