New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Originally posted at pinoydvd.

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=65450.0

DON'T BE FOOLED BY NOKIA PHILIPPINES!!! FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.

This is regarding my complaint on the Nokia N95 that was defective in less than 24 hours after purchase. (Refer to the communication details below.)

Actually, the unit has just been replaced last Tuesday with a new one by Nokia (The Podium). This was decided merely by the dealer and not by Nokia Philippines. Though the directive from Nokia Philippines was "no replacement for any defective unit", the owner of the store decided otherwise since we have presented the proof of defect based on the report done by Nokia Professional Center in Tomas Morato. Mr. Perry Perez of Nokia said that the reason they were not able to decide on replacement immediately was due to Nokia Philippines' directive. Nevertheless, the owner, Mr. Chungpeng decided to replace it eventually based on his own judgment. Please take note that as of this writing, Nokia Philippines is still insisting on their "no replacement" policy.

[size=14pt]Please forward this to your friends to warn them of Nokia Philippines' UNFAIR and questionable policy.[/size]
    =========================
    Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:34:01 -0700 (PDT)
    To: lacdti-ncr*info.com.ph, asecpelayo*dtincr.ph
    CC: corres*op.gov.ph, gov.ph.team*gmail.com, mar*marroxas.com, konsyumeratbp*gmail.com

To: DTI

This is a continuation of my series of e-mails to you. Nokia Philippines is clearly violating DTI's policy of prohibiting "No Return, No Exchange" policy. It is what they actually do in practice. Please take time to review the following transcript of our communication details. DTI should do something to straighten their crooked principle in handling consumer complaints. Consumers must be protected at all times so as not to be fooled by companies such as this.

Your immediate action on this will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

----------------
    Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:03:25 -0700 (PDT)
    To: ext-custservice*nokia.com

Still, what you're saying is contradictory to DTI's policy prohibiting the "No Return, No Exchange" policy.

You've mentioned: "Replacement is upon the discretion of the service center if the unit is diagnosed to be beyond economical repair." Do you mean that if the product can still be repaired, you won't replace it even if it was not yet fully utilized by the consumer? Bear in mind that all consumers expect nothing but the BEST with the products that they purchase and patronize. How do you expect a consumer to be happy with a product that is already defective in less than 24 hours of purchase??? Worst, repair is the only option that you can offer!

I am very disappointed with your company's principle. I have been patronizing your products for a very long time already and I didn't expect to be given such an unreasonable service and support. How can you have the name Nokia CAREline, when you don't even know how to really CARE for your loyal customers?

-----------------
    ext-custservice*nokia.com wrote:

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In response to your inquiry, In the event that your phone does not perform to specifications, we suggest that your phone be forwarded to an Authorised Service Centre (ASC) to be assessed by a qualified technician. A technician will assess and proceed to rectify the fault your phone is experiencing.

Unfortunately, a brand new replacement unit is not an option that we can offer at this point in time. Replacement is upon the discretion of the service center if the unit is diagnosed to be beyond economical repair.

For your convenience, please visit the following link for a list of ASC's within your vicinity.

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,32996,00.html

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and we trust that our technicians will be able to quickly and efficiently rectify the fault that your phone is currently experiencing.

For further assistance, please contact the Nokia Philippines Careline between the hours of 08:30 - 20:30.
    The helpdesk is operational seven days per week, 365 days per year.

You can contact our Technical Support Professionals on:

Philippines local service: + 63 (2) 886 1234 (PLDT)

Best regards

JAY GARCIA
    Nokia Careline

--------------------
    Sent: 17/04/2007 17:00:12

Jay,

What I cannot understand is why you are going against the Department of Trade & Industry directive prohibiting the "no return, no exchange" policy. You are, after all, still governed by Philippine laws.
    --------------------

ext-custservice*nokia.com wrote:

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

It is unfortunate that you are a experiencing a fault on your Nokia N95.

Please be assured that we are continually looking at ways of improving to provide you with better products and services. I assure you that each of our customers is valued and we do not treat your concerns lightly. Your comments and feedback has been forwarded to the relevant department.

Nevertheless, if your Nokia N95 is still experiencing a fault, we recommend you take it back to the service centre.

However, please bear in mind that while Nokia maintains the most stringent quality processes, a mobile phone may or may not fault in its lifetime. Nokia cannot predict when, why or how a fault recurs on a mobile phone.
    A mobile phone is made up of electrical parts and components which may or may not fault in its lifetime. If a phone faults due to a manufacturing defect during the warranty period, Nokia will repair or replace the parts at our service centre to rectify the fault.

Nokia mobile phone warranty is valid for 12 months from date of purchase from an authorised distributor. If a phone faults during the warranty period, Nokia will repair or replace defective part at our authorised service centres. If a phone faults outside of the 12 months and gets repaired, the consumer will have a 90 day repair warranty for the same fault with the service centre.

However, in regards to this, please be advised that Nokia is unable to replace or exchange or upgrade the complete transceiver for customers as we do not sell phones directly to customers. Hence, we sincerely regret that we are unable to acquiesce to your request for a new replacement or exchange handset, but as mentioned, the service centre will ensure that the repairs will be covered under the terms and conditions of the warranty.

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We would appreciate if you could furnish the following details crucial to consider what other options may be available and the extent of repairs carried out.

1. Name & Location of the service center (s)
    2. Job Repair Number (s)
    3. IMEI number
    4. Alternate contact number (s)

For further assistance, please contact the Nokia Philippines Careline between the hours of 08:30 - 20:30.
    The helpdesk is operational seven days per week, 365 days per year.

You can contact our Technical Support Professionals on:

Philippines local service: + 63 (2) 886 1234 (PLDT)

Thank you for your continuing support.

Best regards

JAY GARCIA
    Nokia Careline
    -------------------

Sent: 16/04/2007 12:00:25
    [Feedback:Below is the copy of my complaint to Nokia Care. For your review
    and perusal.

13 April 2007

NOKIA CARE
    Tomas Morato Avenue,
    Quezon City

Attention: Officer-In-Charge

I am hereby filing a complaint regarding the Nokia N95 mobile phone unit that I have purchased just last night (April 12) at your Nokia outlet at The Podium. I followed your sales representatives' advice to use up the battery's factory charge first before recharging it initially forfour hours. The initial charging time started from 7:48AM and lasted until 11:48AM today. I, therefore, found it odd that the battery meter gradually started showing signs of discharge only after two hours. I also notice that the battery compartment started becoming very warm. When I took out the battery, it was indeed hot. Bear in mind that I did not make any calls, send numerous text messages, and use the other features of the unit after
    I was done with the initial charging. The unit was just on stand-by mode.The battery was eventually discharged before 10:00PM. This echoes a similar issue with my Nokia N93 mobile phone unit that I bought from you in August of 2006.

I am hereby demanding that my unit be replaced with a brand new one with the same make & model IMMEDIATELY. I was already advised by your sales outlet at The Podium this afternoon that your first recourse would be to subject my unit immediately to review and if necessary, subsequent repair. That's very unfair to me. I hope you understand that it's not easy to shell out almost P50,000.00 for such a commodity. I haven't even utilized the unit to the fullest in the less-than-24-hour period that it has been with me and yet, your sales staff is already insinuating that repair is the only option for me. I have been a loyal customer of Nokia Care the last few years and I was informed during my previous purchases with
    you that you have a seven-day replacement policy in effect for defective units. I expect that you respect my rights as a consumer.

Let me reiterate: I demand for an IMMEDIATE replacement of my Nokia N95 unit. I won't accept repair as a primary course of action. I expect nothing less than not only excellent products from your company, but also excellent service and understanding of the consumer's welfare. Your immediate action to this matter will be highly appreciated.

[/QUOTE]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmmm buti pa mga PC parts...madali lang palitan no questions asked..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga, pati HID hehehe.

dami pala red tape pagdating sa nokia philippines mismo... tsk tsk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka naman sa mga Nokia service centers lang hindi nagrereplace. Kapag sa mga authorized dealers pwede. Di ba kung sa Globe or Smart mo nakuha yung unit, meron silang 7-day replacement policy kung defective yung unit?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    buti na lang may 15-day replacement sa smart.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I strongly suggest you include your lawyer's name (CC copy funished) whenever you send a memo/letter to big companies. Having a lawyer's name on your documents often times gets positive results in less time than any other means.

If you don't have a lawyer, you could try a friend if he is practicing law.

This strategy has worked over and over again when dealing with big corporations. It would also be to your advantage if you address your letters to the upper management, or even president of the company.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just like to clarify that I did not encounter nor experience the problems as related in post#1. I merely gleaned the information from another forum and posted it here at tsikot so that its members and lurkers can be informed of the problems with Nokia Phil.

:D

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    kaya matagal na akong di bumibili ng units with official warranty
    andami nilang pa-ikot ikot.

sa experience ko naman with Ericsson
    it took a month before they replaced my unit.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I strongly suggest you include your lawyer's name (CC copy funished) whenever you send a memo/letter to big companies. Having a lawyer's name on your documents often times gets positive results in less time than any other means.

If you don't have a lawyer, you could try a friend if he is practicing law.

This strategy has worked over and over again when dealing with big corporations. It would also be to your advantage if you address your letters to the upper management, or even president of the company.
    Does anybody here know the personal email address of Manuel Pangilinan? He needs to know the problems concerning their DSL.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Unfair practices by Nokia Philippines!