New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Everytime I’m going online after a while my computer just restarts. The symptoms I noticed is that downloading of webpages becomes slower than usual before it restarts. Before it restarts a blue screen appears with some text in it but I couldn’t read it because it just flashes a split second. After my pc has restarted a box pops out saying –The system has recovered form a serious error. But it doesn’t state what kind of error it just ask if you want to send the info to Microsoft. I hope someone could help me here. What are the causes and what do I need to do? (by the way im connecting to the net thru a modem, dial –up)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    check if there are any loose connections inside your CPU (memory, power supply, ide cable, etc). i had also had a similar problem. the culprit was a loose RAM that wasn't locked into place.

if it's not that, try to run a scan disk, virus scan and spyware scan.

good luck!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you already tried installing a fresh copy of Windows, the problem might lie in the memory or motherboard. In my case, my old PC's problem was from the motherboard. Reason enough to buy a new computer.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    check mo muna yung fan (power supply, cpu) baka hindi na umiikot

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    coiters, ghosthunters and syuryukens thanks to you. i've tried all what you told me but still nothing changed. in fact it restarted 2x before i could post this reply...

(except by installing a new fresh copy of windows cant do that, too many important files)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by step22 View Post
    coiters, ghosthunters and syuryukens thanks to you. i've tried all what you told me but still nothing changed. in fact it restarted 2x before i could post this reply...

(except by installing a new fresh copy of windows cant do that, too many important files)
    If you have a spare hard disk, you can temporarily use the spare HDD in your computer to test if it's the current copy of Windows that is the cause of your problem.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by step22 View Post

the blue screen that you see in a flash is a BSOD. normally, memory dumps yan.

my suggestions:

a) same as them. try to check for loose connections, specially sa RAM.
    b) pangalawa, try to boot from safe mode to see if the problem persists. If it does, definitely a hardware problem. if it does not, its a windows operating system problem.
    c) to check the actual message from the BSOD, disable the Windows Auto-Restart Feature by:

Bring up the system properties (It's in the control panel, keyboard shortcut is WIN+Pause/Break). Go to the Advanced Tab, Startup and Recovery/Settings, Uncheck the "Automatically Restart" button.

Then you can exactly see and read what the BSOD tells you, but i have a hunch its a memory dump.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    You could also check for Windows Event Viewer log.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Try booting and running Memtest. Dapat hindi mag-eerror. Hanapin mo lang sa net. That might be a bad RAM module.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Bring up the system properties (It's in the control panel, keyboard shortcut is WIN+Pause/Break). Go to the Advanced Tab, Startup and Recovery/Settings, Uncheck the "Automatically Restart" button.

Then you can exactly see and read what the BSOD tells you, but i have a hunch its a memory dump.

+1 on this. Better to check what the BSOD says before opening up your PC.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
pc restarts unexpectedly when in use