New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    La na dial-up ngayon bro. hehe

DSL are pretty reliable. 3G broadband, wimax and the like yung medyo fluctuating performance.
    I missed those days, yung tipong mag kakape ka muna for each page load/refresh.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Be careful when disposing Hard Drives if it previously contains sensitive data as they can be recovered even if deleted.

Best to wipe the hard drives using secure wiping tools

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    I missed those days, yung tipong mag kakape ka muna for each page load/refresh.

Ang masakit, hindi magamit telephone. hehe

Kakaantok yung time na yun.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Bili ka ng torx screwset sa ace.

Yung hardisk, kunin mo magnet ng actuator. lakas nun, pandikit ng reminders sa ref

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    old pcs... you can donate it to charity or public schools.
    ganyan ginagawa ko.binibigay ko lang dito sa school na malapit sa amin, after wiping off the hard disk and installing linux.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I have a hard time disposing anything that still works - like my PC that I bought in 2004. I don't remember the specs anymore, only that it's an AMD Duron. It works most of the time

I need to clear up some space and I don't know what to do with my old PC. I want to know if I can still sell my PC. However, I cannot dispose of my PC yet until I can transfer my back up files using my old PC:

How do you dispose of Old PCs? Do you give it away? Sell it by parts or as a whole? Sell as junk?
    We can donate this to my poor driver.

Please PM me your address and Ill pick up all your Junk.

It is for a good cause and it will come back to you 10-fold.

Thanks in advance, Cathy.
    Last edited by hein; February 11th, 2013 at 07:19 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If anyone in the forum still has working 486 motherboards with at least 5 ISA slots, I'm buying. PM me if you have them.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sa amin,- practically,- "ibinibigay" namin sa mga magba-basura rito sa village na "deputized" humakot ng ganyang mga items... Old PCs, TVs, electric fans, washing machines, bread toasters, microwave ovens et al....

I am sure na mayroong ganyan o similar service inyong village.... Baka hindi mo lang alam.. Tanong ka lang sa inyong clubhouse or village administrator....

18.1K:rant:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I normally give it away to friends, poor people who can't afford it but really need it, some random stranger et cetera.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quickest way is to drop it off at the recycling weekend at the mall. Just check the schedule when it happens nearby your area.

The floppies disks, you can just dump them in the trash but make sure all data on them is wiped. You can use a strong magnet on them to randomize their contents. You cold recycle some into a unique keychain holder for spare keys at home. At least you can easily label them for which lock they open.

As for me, I just strip my old home PCs of usable parts (usually HDD and memory) and sell the rest to the metal buyers for it's weight.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 11th, 2013 at 11:26 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast