New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wear a Timex Expedition all the time. At work or at play. It's the only decent watch I have.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'm planning to get this Expedition Adventure Travel with compass at 4.5K promo price... OK ba ito...

like someone said that pits appear on the underside of the watch due to acidic sweat, maybe his watch not all or full stainless steel..

seems this one id fully stainless steel, the watch itself and bracelet...

what you think guys....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    I've been a buyer of several Timex watches over the years, and I've been satisfied with their quality and reliability up till now. The latest Timex watch I bought, an Expedition, developed pit marks after only three months of use. Now I admit that I sweat a lot, and that I don't wipe down my watches after I take them off at night, but this is the first time any watch of mine developed pitting as a result of normal use. I don't take the things when I swim in the beach, just normal use, including occasionally getting a bit wet when I wash my hands.

Here is a photo of the pitting, as indicated by the red arrows:

And here's a closer shot:

For what its worth, the darn thing is still keeping accurate time even though I put it on semi-retirement almost a year ago. I bought a Casio to take its place, and so far the Casio hasn't shown any signs of rust or corrosion. Maybe I just got a lemon.
    If three months only, I think you can compalin it in with TImex, I think they give one year warranty on Timex watches..right?? anyway i will ask this when i gonna buy one soon... Thanks..

BTW, Timex at glorieta2 have sale up to Aug. 31, and up to 70%, 50% on selected items..

WBR,

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    Timex watches are made in the Philippines... The factory is in Baguio, if I am correct. Quality-wise, they are very durable and waterproof in general (good enough for swimming).

Timex Manufacturing is Mactan, Cebu

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ok naman cyang watch... i'm using the Timex expediation with Digital Compass, nagpalit na nga lang ako ng battery and strap. i just have one comment. When i had the battery replaced in their service center (SM MEgamall) they adviced me not to use it for swimming anymore kasi day kinalawang yung sa may isang screw.... but it was less than a year mula nung binili ko cya. I;m still using it buy already having second thoughts when i go swimming

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    You mean to say that the battery didnt last a year for your expedition??

WBR,

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ok timex watch better than swatch, kasi i remember nun highschool and college ako, swatch lang relo ko, times are midrange watch for all generation

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Okay na okay ang Timex. I have three of them, going four. Durable and very affordable. They are made in Mactan, Cebu. My first timex was an Expedition that I bought 9 years ago. Except for the changing of batteries, no problems so far. I can withstand almost any abuse, except for hitting it directly with a hammer.

There's this true story between Clinton and Ramos. When Clinton visited the Philippines, he went to Mactan. While in Mactan he visited the Timex site and a Timex showroom. He bought a watch from Timex. During dinner that night, Ramos and Clinton were talking about U.S. investments in the Philippines that eventually touched the Timex plant. To cut the long story short, Clinton raised his wrist (proudly showing the new watch) and said to Ramos (at least, this is what I know) "Hey, I bought a Timex watch this morning at Mactan. Isn't it beautiful? I like it very much." Ramos did not return the gesture because he was wearing one of the expensive types of Rolex.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm using an ironman for 3 years now. used it while swimming ,running, golfing, working out, hiking, mountain climbing and while at the office.

eto, buong buo pa din. ni walang gasgas.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    my wife gave me a timex expedition late last year. i use it as my friday and weekend watch.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Ok ba ang TIMEX watch??