New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    is there some kind of log to check for deliberate blocking? un lng maisip ko to trace up those blocked calls

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    There is kaso mo di naman nila ipagkanulo sarili nila he he he... Saka sa equipment lang nila ang history noon sa kabilang side ang alam mo lang madami nang que outgoing mo papunta sa kanila yun lang. Yung ibang equipment nga puwede pang burahin history or alarm events. (Di ako taga Smart or Globe ha )

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_corolla
    It is not the question of "ilan bandwidth ba dapat?" kasi isa lang naman talaga ang bandwith ng isang antenna (its either 1800MHz or 900MHz). So a single bandwidth has nothing to do with "congestion or mahirap tumawag". Congestion has something to do with the configuration of a cellsite (how many TRX per sector/site of the antenna). If it is not properly optimized, this will cause congestion, channel blocking, etc. For a fact, a sector of a site can handle simultaneous calls in a given time.
    silver corolla hit the mark. hands down ako...he sure knows his stuff

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore

yup. smart and globe runs on 900/1800 bandwidth, while sun is on 900/1900. so technically, yung mga triband phones lang ang uubra sa Sun ng maayos,although, tatakbo pa naman sya sa 900 mhz lang. yun nga lang, at certain places, talagang mahina signal.

pero i really doubt if there are deliberate blocking involved. in the first place, why will Smart do that? tsaka ang hirap i-prove nun, unless yung magiinspect eh knowledgable dun sa mismong equipment and software na ginagamit ng smart.
    is 1900 bandwidth available in the Phils? As far as i know, only 1800/900 are available here.

Mazda2: ano ba bandwidth ninyo?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5
    is 1900 bandwidth available in the Phils? As far as i know, only 1800/900 are available here.

Hi av8or5,

FYI.... http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/net_phdt.shtml

Br,
    Pete

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for those who believe that smart is not doing the blocking...read again the news, particularly the time of the test and how they did it. playing safe lang magsalita ang mga taga NTC which i don't know why. it's really a bullsh!t the agency that was tasked to control the national telecommuincation has nothing to do with what smart has been doing.

there was actually a test also done by the same group (sun to globe) and it showed that the success of call is more than 90% (i also read this from the inquirer news)

you don't have actually to read NTC's tests just to believe what sun has been complaining. i did so many tests myself by making a number of miss calls to smart numbers versus calling to globe and it prove not only once, not only twice...not only 10x that smart is really blocking the calls from sun to the smart subscribers.
    Last edited by explorer; April 13th, 2005 at 11:12 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ako nga hirap tumawag sa mga smart subscribers. minsan talaga give up ako. pero sa mga globe subscribers wala akong problema.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Strategy yan ng pldt...remember ginamit nila yan against Bayantel...ngayon using the same strategy in smart against Sun.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    unfair masyado smart, cla na nga leading telecom dto swapang pa tsktsk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5

yup. 900/1800 ang Globe and Smart. Sun is on 900/1900. so if your phone is dual band (900/1800), pag naka sun ka, ang gagamitin lang nya is yung 900. that explains for example why in malls, mahina signal mo. but if your phone is a triband unit, ubra lahat. (900/1800/1900).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
NTC test shows congestion between Smart, Digitel