New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use an Averatec unit. Kaso wala akong kaalam alam sa notebook na ito.

Pang-surf ko lang ng Tsikot at pang gawa ng report sa ospital.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you have friends over the States, you could ask them to buy you one.
    pansin ko lang parang mura lang don ang notebooks pero mahal ang desktops.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by dieselNUBI
    if you have friends over the States, you could ask them to buy you one.
    pansin ko lang parang mura lang don ang notebooks pero mahal ang desktops.
    is that true??? mas mura pa kaya don kesa sa mga computer store sa may gilmore area..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    check tipidpc.com there's this guy who sells laptops fr a cheaper price comapred to the srp. He has a store in front of xavier school. COOLTOYZ. If I were you stick with the known brands and brands with service centers here. So sony is out of the question. ASUS and ECS ain't that great IMO

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Averatec 3200 pala yung sakin.

See it at: http://www.averatec.com/

Around Php50K sa US.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ei,guys.if you dont really mind getting a 2nd hand 1,try bidshot (oks din tipidpc).i've gotten great deals from that site on laptops.my wife & i upgrade yearly kc,necessary for our business.one important tip is to always HAGGLE :D

now as to what to get,it really depends on your purpose.im a designer & i use my laptop for presentation so i lug around a 17" (desktop replacement).on the other hand ,my wife is a writer so she has a fujitsu lifebook (8" lang yata to).funny nga kami pag nasa cafe,ung laptop nya 1/3 lang of mine.anyway,depende talaga sa usage.if your always on the road & would like mobile internet access,+ batt life & small size/light weight are a priority,centrino it is for you.if you'll use it for presentations/graphics & you're always plugged in,then get a desktop replacement.it would be nice to get one w/ a wifi.you may not need it now but once you've sampled it..... if you want something really "hi-tech" & would be an attention-getter,get a tablet pc (i've gotten so many double takes when i used to have one)....all seattle's best (airborne access) in the metro have wifi access.most cono malls have it,too (Globe,netgear in ayala malls,podium,gh) as for brands,i've tried toshiba,compaq,dell,ibm & sony...NEVER get a sony!their the best looking of the bunch but there simply is no service center around here & parts are really hard to come by!i've one that's been in the shop for 4months!ibm's are stable but boring (not for gaming).compaq & dell are ok but my toshiba is a keeper :D if u want bnew for 40-60k,u have no choice but to get ecs/twinhead,asus.they'll serve their purpose but the build & feel is not quite the same as their branded counterparts...low resale value also

sir ungas,
    yup,u can upgrade your hard disk even if its a branded laptop (so long as its a branded hd,generic hds & rams have compatibility issues w/ name brands).just make sure its a competent tech doing the replacing...if you were to ask me tho wag na lang coz its a real hassle coz you'll need to transfer your files & re-install everything...some one told me tho that u can just create a ghost image,but im not really sure how to do that....an internal/external cdrw or a portable hd would be better....but a SUPER drive is the best option!imagine 7gig per dvd!this is what im saving for :D
    Last edited by wulf; October 21st, 2004 at 07:21 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    re: wireless access, IMO it is the most important invention for computers since the laptop itself.

for a relatively low price you can hook up a wireless router to your broadband and get high-speed access and you can use your laptop to surf the web anywhere around your home.

i guess this doesn't apply if you're on dial-up but if you're on broadband it's a must-have.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by NightRock
    is that true??? mas mura pa kaya don kesa sa mga computer store sa may gilmore area..

www.emachines.com

try to visit. not so sure about quality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
notebook???