New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry for this stupid question, free ba ito? I already loaded my phone with Manila map, I just want to know free ba siya?

I was using it yesterday and this morning and it's pretty accurate but baka pag dating ng bill ko eh ma shock ako sa babayaran ko.

it's ovi map or something..GPS ba yun? anyway, some of you know what I'm talking about..
    Last edited by shadow; January 7th, 2010 at 10:34 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For Nokia Phones with GPS, the unit will come with a free map of Metro Manila. But it might be years out of date. Certain roads (newer) will not be present and some details will be missing as well (like buildings, places of interests).

In my case, I bought an updated version of the GPS software and metro manila map (package deal) and it shows all of the newer roads as well as buildings like the ones in Makati and Ortigas CBD.

BTW, my phone is a Nokia 6110 Navigator. The GPS software is NAVFone. The other GPS software called Navigator also shows Metro Manila map but only shows the major roads of Metro Manila and nothing else. (example: EDSA, Ayala Ave, Shaw, Ortigas Ave, Quezon Ave, E.Rod roads)
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 7th, 2010 at 10:46 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    hmmmm how did you load the map? I have a Nokia E90 and cant load a Manila map on it. So I instead use Garmin Mobile XT on it
    just download the nokia map loader into your PC then install it, connect and open your phone withe nokia PCsuit..and everything is automatic na.

ah when you run the maploader pala you can choose kung anong map ng city yun gusto mo i load sa phone mo basically that's it. the procedures are there naman sa nokia website.

GH,

so is it free? if I run the Ovi map, free ba yun?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    pasawsaw po sa thread, yung sa sony po ba sa google maps free rin ang gps? kasi sa ngayon parang gusto ko na bumili ng accesory na gps para sa c902, pero kung me bayad naman every time magload eh wag nalang hehe, meron po ba kayong idea sa google maps? thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    GH,

so is it free? if I run the Ovi map, free ba yun?
    I haven't used OVI maps. I'll try it when I have the time.

NAVFone maps is not free.

Nokia GPS?