New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we've talked about this in the anything and everything pc thread..its abt my problem in connecting 2 pc's. i followed their tips and went for the lan card. bought one and a cross utp cable. i even upgraded the OS to winxp. and the technician told me to make the workgroup of the 2 pc's the same. tried to connect them together by mapping the pc name even tried to connect thru CS. still no luck

any ideas?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di rin gumagana yung file sharing para ma-access mo yung files mo through the network?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Guide questions with answers...

1. Do both PC have the same LAN Card Speed? you can see this on the LAN card or the manual (10/100/1GB). Are the correct drivers install?

2. You said you have upgraded to XP, have you tried using the network wizard? Its located it My Network Places --> Setup a home or small office network. Then just input the neccessary options and parameters. Your machine MAY restart after this wizard. (Do this with both PC) * (If the other PC is not XP or 2000, changing the name and domain is already enough)

3. After restart, go to Start --> Run. At the field type cmd. Then try pingng the computer u wanted to connect with by typing
    ping <computername>, the other should computer should reply.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    usually plug and play na sa pag detect ng network when using winXP eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jackndbox,

both pc's have a 10\100 mbps lancard, i only tried ro map the other pc by typing \\<computer name> at the run menu. also tried to connect using CS. haven't tried the network setup though. ill give it a shot. shucks, how could i forget the ping command? will also try it.

the other "pc" bydway is a laptop, shouldn't make any difference, right?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    why not try using a mini-hub and connect the pc's to it using regular lan cables instead of using cross cable? then assign any IP address to both pc's. ganito yung ginagawa namin ng roommate ko to connect our notebooks. it works without any hassle.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by benchph1
    we've talked about this in the anything and everything pc thread..its abt my problem in connecting 2 pc's. i followed their tips and went for the lan card. bought one and a cross utp cable. i even upgraded the OS to winxp. and the technician told me to make the workgroup of the 2 pc's the same. tried to connect them together by mapping the pc name even tried to connect thru CS. still no luck

any ideas?
    yup... hire a computer network technician to fix your network setup.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung samin kasi, 2 desktops and 1 laptop ang naka network through an 8-port hub kaya mas madali i-setup yung network.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at home:

3 PCs
    1 notebook
    1 cable modem
    1 router with 4 port switch

no problems.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BenchP1,

Bili ka na lang ng Hub, kahit yung 4 port lang. Mura na ang mga 4-port Hubs ngayon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
networking problem