New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^^ na curious din ako sa bridge segment, parang ad hoc wireless.

The problem seems to be easily resolved by using static ip. If you really want DHCP at the office, try inserting another router after Router3-using different network-IP over the LAN.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Router 2 & 3 cannot be connected by LAN cable. May thread ako dati dito asking about external LAN cable, masyadong mahal and delikado sa lightning ang mga sagot sa thread ko.

My office is across the street from my house. Router 1 is in my room which is not facing the office so I need another router (router 2) that will have line of sight with router 3.

I don't have a proglem with DHCP per se. My problem is, there are times that the plug of router 2 gets unplugged accidentally, sometimes by the maids or the kids. If this happens before the computers in the office are turned on, then the office computers won't be assigned IP addresses, and they cannot see the server nor connect to the internet.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Router 2 & 3 cannot be connected by LAN cable. May thread ako dati dito asking about external LAN cable, masyadong mahal and delikado sa lightning ang mga sagot sa thread ko.

My office is across the street from my house. Router 1 is in my room which is not facing the office so I need another router (router 2) that will have line of sight with router 3.

I don't have a proglem with DHCP per se. My problem is, there are times that the plug of router 2 gets unplugged accidentally, sometimes by the maids or the kids. If this happens before the computers in the office are turned on, then the office computers won't be assigned IP addresses, and they cannot see the server nor connect to the internet.

Have you tried (right click) "repair" option (in Windows) when trying to reconnect to your disconnected LAN?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tried it. Won't work.

I'll have to go back to the house to reconnect the unplugged router to have Internet access again. Although the network in the office side won't be affected if the router 2 was unplugged after all the computers in the office have already logged in.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Tried it. Won't work.

I'll have to go back to the house to reconnect the unplugged router to have Internet access again. Although the network in the office side won't be affected if the router 2 was unplugged after all the computers in the office have already logged in.
    You have no choice but to secure the router's power cord and plug so that it won't get pulled out easily.

Maybe even getting a UPS if you get that paranoid.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Worst case, as soon as the wireless bridge is up, issue the following commands on all office PCs so you wouldn't have to reboot them:

ipconfig -release
    ipconfig -renew

You can also put them in a batch file and place it as a shortcut on the desktop on all office PCs. Instruct your staff to double-click on the icon to refresh/restore the IP settings. For more information: http://stephensulzberger.wordpress.c...ase-and-renew/

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Secure the plug. Firmly. You can use glue, duct tape, screws, specialized type of plugs etc.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I haven't read through all the material on dd-wrt, but it seems my original idea wouldn't fit in the model you have..

pag isipan ko pa.. but the suggestion above to really secure the outlet is very practical and doable.. latag lang ng cable and extension na talagang maayos, para maiwasan yung unnecessary na mabatak yung saksakan...

i would also recommend assigning a fixed IP address for the server (nabanggit mo you have servers sa office side ng LAN).. at least that way you have something definite na sure ka lagi yun ang ip address...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How to assign fixed IP?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    earlier you mentioned that router 1 is the one giving the IP addresses... if your ip range being used is 192.168.A.xx - 192.168.A.zz, then the ip address of that server should be an address outside of the range of A.xx and A.zz, and also not the same as the ip addresses of router 2 and router 3...

kung windows based ang server mo (NT, 2k3, etc), you can go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Local Area Connection -> Properties -> TCP/IP -> Properties

You set the IP address and the subnet mask (same subnet mask as that on your dhcp server on your router 1).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Networking help again