New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Get at least a Pentium M based laptop.
    Nabagalan ako sa Celeron Based laptops kahit for internet surfing lang. both have 256mb RAM installed, mas ok yung pentium m.

Quote Originally Posted by laklak
    wag ka mag generic, makakuha ka ng mga acer or toshiba for roughly the same price. Sigurado ka pa sa reliability dito
    erm.. sa toshiba siguro pero sa acer medyo tagilid service center nila sa Pinas.

MSI gamit ko ngayon... AMD Turion 64 based, ok naman performance

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    guys I think you forgot that the Neo I'm talking about is a Centrino laptop not just a Celeron M laptop. What ur buying in retail now are old stocks kaya old prices.

What I'm telling you now is there is an affordable Centrino laptop - Pentium M, Intel Chipset, Intel Wireless, with orig Windows pa for 39k!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121
    Get at least a Pentium M based laptop.
    Nabagalan ako sa Celeron Based laptops kahit for internet surfing lang. both have 256mb RAM installed, mas ok yung pentium m.

erm.. sa toshiba siguro pero sa acer medyo tagilid service center nila sa Pinas.

MSI gamit ko ngayon... AMD Turion 64 based, ok naman performance

I also noticed na mabagal itong TS L30 Celeron sa internet surfing compared to my TS A50 Centrino.

Currently, I'm using prepaid internet cards (i-Tipid or SurMaxx) with 56 kbps speed. If I subscribe to a broadband internet, bibilis kaya?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    batt life one serious consideration

getting a lappy and having to tug along an ac adapter part of a road warriors dilemma

you might want to invest on some more ram and a hicap batt if its available

you'll be really mobile when you can count on batt life of your baby

not really cool to go into a coffee shop and scout for the table with most accesible outlet-you'll probably have others squatting on that spot already

OR

get all gung-ho for a presentation only to find out you got there's no extension around and you're making your audience wait

for wireless broadband airborne access so far has better wifi hot spots scattered metro wide- if you can get the P300 pre-paid for 5 hours that's good value

food for thought....
    Last edited by rlp1099; July 25th, 2006 at 09:10 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm using a neo m360s. ok naman siya but i think the memory is the first upgrade you'll need for this baby. it all depends on your needs. i mostly use it for internet browsing, emails and ocassional burning and watching videos (yun fave ni otep :D )...almost a year na pala ito and it still works fine.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    My laptop is being used mostly at home - for internet browsing, emails, cd/dvd burning, watching movies, excel/word processing, games. I just got a laptop as my daughter would, from time to time, bring it to her school.

I bring my other/office laptop whenever I travel.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    OR

Buy a car charger for your laptop wehhehehe

Quote Originally Posted by rlp1099
    batt life one serious consideration

getting a lappy and having to tug along an ac adapter part of a road warriors dilemma

you might want to invest on some more ram and a hicap batt if its available

you'll be really mobile when you can count on batt life of your baby

not really cool to go into a coffee shop and scout for the table with most accesible outlet-you'll probably have others squatting on that spot already

OR

get all gung-ho for a presentation only to find out you got there's no extension around and you're making your audience wait

for wireless broadband airborne access so far has better wifi hot spots scattered metro wide- if you can get the P300 pre-paid for 5 hours that's good value

food for thought....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    or a 100-200W inverter to charge your laptop in the car

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    with the traffic you may get decent charging times since you'll be stuck on the road

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'll just buy extra battery with longer life - kung kailangan ko na.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
NEO Q-Note Empriva 360SX