New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys, may bago akong project. i want to convert one of my rooms into a dedicated home theater. nothing crazy like stadium seating and projectors...i just want a nice TV, 5.1 sound and a versatile system that can handle all my needs.

i will be hooking up a digital cable input, DVD, an Xbox 360, and a PS2. plan to use all the inputs equally.

the room is 12ft x 15ft, and the viewing distance is 8-9 ft. just finished painting the room in Ralph Lauren Canyon Blue (sounds gay but is actually a nice deep shade of blue) and wiring the room for 5.1 through the ceiling. i already have all the components except for the TV, although i want to upgrade my old progressive scan DVD to one that upconverts 480 and has HDMI outputs.

i'm looking at some 37-40" LCD's (the Sony Bravia, Sharp and Philips units) or 42" plasma TV's (either Panasonic or Pioneer). i really want to go with a flat panel TV since this is a converted bedroom and i don't have the space for a DLP/rear-projection or CRT cabinet.

ano recommend nyo for my needs, plasma or LCD?
    ano pinaka-OK na brand? model numbers would be ideal....
    am i missing anything? any other things i should be aware of?

thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lcd bro. mas durable.
    yun nga lang, imho, mas maganda ang resolution ng plasma.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    plasma, mas maliwanag yun nga lang high maintainance at prone sa "burn in".'

id go to sams club costco or Bj's mas mura dun kesa sa bestbuy.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    ano bang kadalasang nasisira sa plasma?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    plasma tvs are more power hungry compared to lcds and heavier. meron ata thread dito comparing the two.

m54, buti kapa may budget hehehe

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    when it comes to TV, philips gives the best color definition.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have heard good things about the philips plasmas, but for some reason they don't come up in the LCD reviews that i've read.

yun na nga ang dilemma ko...parang mas maliwanag at klaro ang color reproduction ng plasma to my eyes (i know some LCD owners disagree), but supposedly they have all those problems vs. LCD.

research pa ako...nakakahilo!! :freak:
    Last edited by empy; February 6th, 2006 at 10:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    projector na lang... ;)

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    i have both plasma and lcd. i like the plasma better. to me, it seems like the picture is crispier and more vivid epecially when watching high definiton channels, and add to that, a wider viewing angle.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    SXRD (LCoS technology)...by SONY. Got top awards and you get $15K technology for $3.5-$4K. dalawang flavor: 50" and 60". i've been salivating over this TV for a while now, nag-iipon pa.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
need a new TV (help me HT enthusiasts)