New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I use Lookout Mobile Security...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...S5sb29rb3V0Il0.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    dagdag storage space lang yan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRSSG2.0 View Post

Hoy Apple fanboi/OB the TS doesn't give a sh*t on Apple. Kaya nga naka Android na sya, e. Malamang tapos na sya sa Android vs Apple..

BTT: IMO, you don't need it anymore. UNLESS you're the type of user that puts different files on the phone (i.e. non-legit downloads like t o r rent, files from computer, etc.) then i guess it's worth a try

I downloaded AVG (from Google Play) on my mom's SGS II then uninstalled it afterwards because background scanning (and stuff like that) will affect battery life for sure hehe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Free OS + free Anti-virus = recipe for let me all have your data

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    that has got to be the funniest thing yet, anti-virus on a smartphone lol.

You know why you need this? It's bec you allow your phones to be modified by letting hackers write some code and execute it in the phone itself. So syempre, thr double-edged sword of it all is you compromise your entire operating system.

What a waste of time and productivity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

idiot, i use mcafee for the security feature not for the antivirus. i don' hack/root my phone. you like to think you're so knowledgable in android yet have NEVER used it before. stfu, im getting tired of your trolling.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    dagdag storage space lang yan.
    That's a few MB worth your piece of mind.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    It's my first smartphone (Lenovo P700i) after several years using a Nokia E52....I installed several apps already but not an antivirus...is it necessary? would I experience lag issues if I install one? What is the best among the free antiviru for smartphoness? I know that PCs need AV, but what about the smartphones....TIA
    yes....
    since android's software has more risks than iOS software...
    hindi naman mag lag yan....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post

idiot, i use mcafee for the security feature not for the antivirus. i don' hack/root my phone. you like to think you're so knowledgable in android yet have NEVER used it before. stfu, im getting tired of your trolling.
    Ah
    security feature ba parang mission impossible lol. Tipong No one can use your phone but you pakabitan mo Ng ano kaya yun retina scanner

Kaya pala may auto-wipe. Ethan na Ethan ah heheh

Kaya pala ronin

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Careful of those "free" Apps, especially games...

Android apps 'leak' personal details
    22 October 2012 Last updated at 10:56 GMT

Millions of people are using Android apps that can be tricked into revealing personal data, research indicates.

Scientists tested 13,500 Android apps and found almost 8% failed to protect bank account and social media logins.

These apps failed to implement standard scrambling systems, allowing "man-in-the-middle" attacks to reveal data that passes back and forth when devices communicate with websites.

Google has yet to comment on the research and its findings.

Researchers from the security group at the University of Leibniz in Hanover and the computer science department at the Philipps University of Marburg tested the most popular apps in Google's Play store.

By creating a fake wi-fi hotspot and using a specially created attack tool to spy on the data the apps sent via that route, the researchers were able to:

capture login details for online bank accounts, email services, social media sites and corporate networks

disable security programs or fool them into labelling secure apps as infected

inject computer code into the data stream that made apps carry out specific commands

An attacker could even re-direct a request to transfer funds, while making it look to the app user like the transaction was proceeding unchanged.

Some of the apps tested had been downloaded millions of times, the researchers said.

And a follow-up survey of 754 people suggests users could struggle to spot when they were at risk.

"About half of the participants could not judge the security state of a browser session correctly," the researchers wrote.

"Most importantly, research is needed to study which counter-measures offer the right combination of usability for developers and users, security benefits and economic incentives to be deployed on a large scale."

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Yes, you should definitely install one... with the prevalence of mobile malware nowadays it's better to be safe than sorry.

Accepted fact na that a smart phone is like a mini PC .. bonus na yung anti theft feature ...

Highly recommended ko yung Avast

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Careful of those "free" Apps, especially games...
    I told you. Even in apple apps just don't download any third party, check the reviews. Though very strict ang approval Ng iTunes sa apps store.

These things are just taken for granted by android users eh. How can the open alliance protect your phone eh pro-bono nga. It's like giving your money to network pyramiding. Di tulad Ng Bangko may pdic yan. That's professionalism and it comes with a price.

In the future your data is the most important resource so better start deciding now Kung kanino mo I-rely ang future ng data mo, expensive apple or pro-bono Google.

migrating to another OS is very time-consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast