New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    +1 sa asus. mine is still working fine after 5 years. In fairness naman sa HP, malayong sirain ang mga acer. kumbaga in terms of quality asus > hp >>>>>>> acer

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had an Asus netbook (1005HA)... keyboard failed (some keys wouldn't function). The same thing happened to my friend who had the same model netbook.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My brother's Asus kept getting dead pixels on the screen. The dealer wouldn't replace it until you got 3-5 dead pixels. I just got the dm4, looks way better than similarly spec'd lenovo. Hope it holds up better. How's the left part of your dm1's spacebar? Have to jam my thumb on it for it to function. This is already a replacement unit for the first one with a spacebar problem

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    In my experience naman, Dell and HP seems ok. Yung charger nila madali masira. Plastics ng HP are not that good, tubong lugaw sila dyan ata. Dell XPS sulit in 3 years of use. Toshiba matibay but can't say they ahve good design. 5 years na rin yung kay misis.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I guess its really a matter of luck. All manufacturers make good units and lemons.

I have a 11 year old P3 Toshiba and it still running. Its very sloooooooow but it can still do basic web browsing. Just retired this month.

Also have a 5 year old HP Compaq business notebook that has never given me problems. It runs hot due to the AMD Turion processor and the fact that its never been opened for cleaning. Now kids computer. Oh I had to replace the power brick twice. 1st time was due to it being chewed by a mouse. 2nd time my youngest bent the pin. Both times I just bought class a power bricks.

My wife's 2 year old Asus with a C2D has been perfectly reliable.

Hope my new Acer TimelineX will be as reliable as the others.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    I guess its really a matter of luck. All manufacturers make good units and lemons.

I have a 11 year old P3 Toshiba and it still running. Its very sloooooooow but it can still do basic web browsing. Just retired this month.

Also have a 5 year old HP Compaq business notebook that has never given me problems. It runs hot due to the AMD Turion processor and the fact that its never been opened for cleaning. Now kids computer. Oh I had to replace the power brick twice. 1st time was due to it being chewed by a mouse. 2nd time my youngest bent the pin. Both times I just bought class a power bricks.

My wife's 2 year old Asus with a C2D has been perfectly reliable.

Hope my new Acer TimelineX will be as reliable as the others.

korek!!! some guys have all the luck eka nga....nyahahaha

laptop ko, acer, 4 years na yata, di pa nadadala sa workshop.

netbook ni misis, acer aspire, so far ok naman din....

walang sakit ng ulo sila...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    My brother's Asus kept getting dead pixels on the screen. The dealer wouldn't replace it until you got 3-5 dead pixels. I just got the dm4, looks way better than similarly spec'd lenovo. Hope it holds up better. How's the left part of your dm1's spacebar? Have to jam my thumb on it for it to function. This is already a replacement unit for the first one with a spacebar problem

The HP DM1z space bar works well. In fact the DM1Z has one of the best netbook keyboard I have used so far.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    P21,700. Specs were already 4GB RAM and 500gb HDD at that price.
    Saang store ito GH? magandang-maganda yung price niya for that spec eh.

Or may kakilala ka sa HP?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Saang store ito GH? magandang-maganda yung price niya for that spec eh.
    +1 .. interesting price for that spec

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just curious GH, why do you keep buying these super underpowered netbooks?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
My new netbook: HP Pavilion DM1