Full-sized Island-style keyboard
    Integrated gigabit ethernet LAN
    802.11 b/g/n
    Built-in Bluetooth
    1.6kg
    29cm x 21.4cm x2.1-3.07cm
    65W AC Adapter
    6-cell Li-Ion Battery

Battery life is claimed by HP to last 9.5 hours... but reviewers testing it for internet surfing with wifi and screen set at 70% brightness gets around 6.75 hours on the six cell battery pack. Still respectable for this level of netbook since most competitors would get 5 hours max. ;)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Good Luck, you need it bec. HP service SUCKS BIG TIME

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    How much did you spend for it? Did you upgrade the ram and hdd?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    How much did you spend for it? Did you upgrade the ram and hdd?
    P21,700. Specs were already 4GB RAM and 500gb HDD at that price.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    P21,700. Specs were already 4GB RAM and 500gb HDD at that price.
    Nice! How does the AMD E-350 compare with Intel's i3 ulvs? Are they comprable or does the E-350 compete with the Atom?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Nice! How does the AMD E-350 compare with Intel's i3 ulvs? Are they comprable or does the E-350 compete with the Atom?
    The E350 is still designed to compete with the Atom. But the AMD E350 blows away Intel's fastest Atom D525 1.8ghz in benchmark tests.

E350 vs D525:
    AMD E-350 vs Intel Atom D525+ION2

E350 vs D525 vs i3 Benchmarks:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/reviews/item...5-ion2?start=3

In Gaming:
    Low-Power Gaming: AMD's E-350 Vs. Intel Atom D525 And Ion 2 : Yeah, We Know These Aren

Benchmark Results: StarCraft 2 : Low-Power Gaming: AMD's E-350 Vs. Intel Atom D525 And Ion 2

Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 : Low-Power Gaming: AMD's E-350 Vs. Intel Atom D525 And Ion 2

Benchmark Results: Unreal Tournament : Low-Power Gaming: AMD's E-350 Vs. Intel Atom D525 And Ion 2
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 2nd, 2011 at 10:43 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    nice netbook. sana nagimprove quality ng HP. sa experience ko kc medyo sirain hp.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    nice netbook. sana nagimprove quality ng HP. sa experience ko kc medyo sirain hp.
    It's a recent release. January lang ata so hard to say if or what long term durability issues will crop up. But so far it seems well designed and constructed.

Back in the late 90s, I used to be a HP certified computer technician in a company that sells & repairs HP notebooks (among other things) to corporate accounts. I do agreed HP notebooks were crap in the way they were designed/constructed then.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^ what makes you think they're better these days?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Nice find GH. But as the poster above says, good luck. :D

I'm also on the market for a laptop for our church mainly for presentations and all-around A/V usage. I've managed to narrow down to the Samsung RC418-S02PH and the Asus K43SV. Both are Core i5-2410 machines with dedicated 1GB graphics. Though frankly, I'm inclined to get the Asus mainly due to their seemingly excellent durability.

Though, HP and Dell have great deals, it's hard to ignore the fact that they make relatively crappy consumer/home models. As a reseller of their business range, we sometimes bundle consumer laptops for "free" on exceptionally large deals. However, there's about a 25% chance of it coming back for repairs. Their business models sits anywhere near 5-8%.

Anyway, going back, we needed a bang-for-buck machine that's reliable and one that would last at least 3 years of normal to hard usage (this equipment will be typically handled by different people). More importantly, something that would not conk out in the middle of a service.

Asus appears to have come out on the Top-2 consistently for the past several years. I'm almost sold to this brand, unless anybody's got an objection...

Sources:
    Reliability and Service: Laptops | PCWorld
    You can count on us. Tech reliability survey results. | Feature - Techinstyle.tv
    The Tech Brands You Can Trust | PCWorld

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
My new netbook: HP Pavilion DM1