New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mga peeps,

We have this PS2 for the past two years and it can only play original PS2 games which cost an arm and a leg to buy. I want to play games that are cheaper (meaning :naughty2: you know what I mean). Has any of you tried unlocking/modifying your consoles? Pwedeng ma-DIY? Step-by-step procedure if ever. Thanks mga bros and sis.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    actually may inaadd silang ewan ko lang kung transistor or resistor para sa ps2, yung sa ps1 dati may tinatanggal na resistor na nakalimutan ko rin yung color code, kung nalaman ko lang dati na may inaadd lang, ako na mismo rin sana nag solder nun mas mura pa transistor/resistor at under 20-30 pesos sa alexan. try mo tumambay ng konti sa mga ganun at panoorin mo kung saang slot at kung transistor or resistor(pati color code) ang nilalagay hehe..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Mga peeps,

We have this PS2 for the past two years and it can only play original PS2 games which cost an arm and a leg to buy. I want to play games that are cheaper (meaning :naughty2: you know what I mean). Has any of you tried unlocking/modifying your consoles? Pwedeng ma-DIY? Step-by-step procedure if ever. Thanks mga bros and sis.
    You will need to have your PS2 unit modified with a chip. It is not something you can just do at home.

If you live in metro manila, you can try visiting a shop named EYO located at the 3rd floor of V-Mall in Greenhills. They can do the chip upgrade for you there.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I had the same situation for my PS2. After more than 2 years, I told my wife to bring it to greenhills. I think it was for 500 pesos only. Now, my kids and nephews are 24/7 on the PS2.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bat dito P2.5K ang singil?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fafa maz, bilihin mo na lang yung mga binebenta kong ps2 games....nasa classified ads.

most of them are almost new.... ;)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    cge tita maka look see nga

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    nagpamodify ako dati sa sm CD square yata ung name ng shop.. 1500 lang sa harap mo pa gagawin..

my nilalagay sila na chip to bypass some circuit that was 2 years ago.. ngaung mas mura na siguro pa modify

Modifying PS2