New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Wala ba study about texting grammage?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sudoku na nga ako ng sudoku e, pero hina pa rin ng memory ko. Pero nabasa ko nga na dapat nga talaga may mga mental exercise gaya ng sudoku.

Naalala ko yung napanood ko sa Discovery about brains, ang may pinaka malaki daw na brains sa mundo ay mga taxi drivers sa UK (yata, not sure about the country). Kasi before they qualify to be a taxi driver, they are required to memorize the routes within that country.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sudoku isn't a memory-enhancing game, though....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that is so true... i noticed the effect of texting when i was in HS. it seemed like the correct spelling looked so different or weird that i had to check with a dictionary everytime. i even installed one on my pda (technology pa rin!) so it would be there whenever i needed it.

nangyari na ba sa inyo ang ganyan? anyway, what i did was change the way i would text. i now spell everything correctly except for most tagalog words.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    that's why I always considered smartphones as very smart phones indeed. you put all your knowledge into it therfore making it smart, and you dumb

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dazedchiq View Post
    that is so true... i noticed the effect of texting when i was in HS. it seemed like the correct spelling looked so different or weird that i had to check with a dictionary everytime. i even installed one on my pda (technology pa rin!) so it would be there whenever i needed it.

nangyari na ba sa inyo ang ganyan? anyway, what i did was change the way i would text. i now spell everything correctly except for most tagalog words.
    same here. ever since the year 2001, i have been texting completely. nabobobo kasi ako pagnagtatype ng reports, projects, etc sa school
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those who don't use a pen most of the time but needs to convey a message (like here sa board), have you noticed how difficult it is to continously write half a page?

My goodness, I can literally type faster than I write these days hehehe... If I write at the same speed, chances are, my handwriting changes every 2-3 paragraphs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've always typed faster than I can write [I'm really a slow writer].

Typing was one of my favorite subjects in high school.

I also use my work as an excuse for my craptacular penmanship.

Data storage devices can really make us dependent and dull sometimes.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I'm not worried. Frankly, this sounds like more media scaremongering. Somehow, hearing "speed dialing make us dumb" sounds like they're coming from the same people who say "our grandparents are smart because they had to memorize Imperial measurements as opposed to metric".

How did the study manage to correlate forgetting birthdays to using one password, anyway?

Mobile phones don't make people stupid. It just makes stupidity more apparent. Usng txtspk ds nt prvnt nEbdy frm spelling their words out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    For those who don't use a pen most of the time but needs to convey a message (like here sa board), have you noticed how difficult it is to continously write half a page?

My goodness, I can literally type faster than I write these days hehehe... If I write at the same speed, chances are, my handwriting changes every 2-3 paragraphs.
    Of course you can type faster than you write! It takes one finger drop to type out a capital "G", while four strokes to write a capital cursive "G". I didn't find learning to use a keyboard crippling in terms of handwriting, but that's because my handwriting is terrible ANYWAY, with or without computers

Cursive capital letters have been the bane of my elementary schooling. My classmates having micrometer-precision margins and letter widths didn't help in me hating to write with a pen.

"Experts" that claim any keyboard causes injury (there's one such warning on my Logitech) have never had the misfortune of needing to write a five-page report in cursive. I don't see how using a pen to write is any more "natural and ergonomic". God forbid that people had to write before the ballpoint was invented, if I had to take an exam using a fountain pen, I would've dropped out on the first sem - all my papers would have been flooded with spilled ink.

Of course, pen and paper does have its advantages. But for pure text, typing is just much more convenient, clean and professional (if not romantic).
    Last edited by Alpha_One; July 18th, 2007 at 08:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Its a good thing i never got used to texting the way other people texts. They really shorten the words na halos ang hirap ng basahin, minsan nga mali pa ang basa natin, or pagka-intindi. Turn off ako sa mga tao na nagtitext ng ganito: Kmusta n U? Or, Hnd ME blah, blah, blah... Waaa! Utang na loob...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mobile Phones Are Making Us Stupid