New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So... Airlines are finally admitting that cellphones don't interfere with avionics?

I'd heard from a tech who works with airlines that mobiles do work and don't interfere with planes. It's just that they banned these due to security reasons.

And why not allow CPs on planes? Sure, it's irritating if the person on the CP talks in a loud voice, but that's merely a question of etiquette, and not usage. And if your seatmate is annoyingly talkative, you can at least pretend that you have an urgent call to make.

Allowing people to use CPs will give them the "security blanket" effect that such device have for some people (i.e.: as long as you're connected/reachable, you're safe). I think this is a good thing.

Next up: un-ban cellphone use at the gas pumps. That one's even more ridiculous than the plane ban.

Saan pa ba ban ang CPs - hospitals and banks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa motels.. wala kasing signal parati! lol

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shite....now i don't have any excuses for not answering my business line :hihihi:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So... Airlines are finally admitting that cellphones don't interfere with avionics?

I'd heard from a tech who works with airlines that mobiles do work and don't interfere with planes. It's just that they banned these due to security reasons.
    eto rin di ko maintindihan bakit ayaw ipagamit ang cellphone sa airline? if it could cause a crash, then they should ban it like hand guns and confiscate it during security checks hehehe

just a few days ago, while on an airline from malaysia there was this indian dude using his cell while on-board. this chinese guy panicked and quickly called out to the stewardess. she then shouts at the indian guy to turn off the cell phone hehe. it was a funny situation.

it does get irritating during landing. everyone turns on their cell, beep here beep there. hello here hello there. unahan na nga sa pagbaba at pagkuha ng luggage, unahan pa sa pagtawag hehe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Saan pa ba ban ang CPs - hospitals and banks.
    Sa hospitals, there's still the worry about life-support devices, but merely because people using cellphones may be standing quite close to them. I guess it requires further study.

As for banks? Security, plain and simple. Too easy for someone to call an accomplice outside and tell them when the guards aren't looking.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa church and movie house turn your phone to silent mode or turn it off=)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lakay View Post
    Hopefully they won't allow that one. Kung sa bus na lang ay naka-kaireta kung yong katabi mo ay yak-yak sa telephono, sa eroplano pa kaya kung katabi mo nang almost hours at the time. I rather have on-line access for internet.
    hehe nakakainis din yung ang lakas ng message tone, mostly nokias. totuut-totuuuuttttt argh!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    nung usong uso ang ham radio tuwing uuwi ako,lagi ko ino-on monitor ko yung conversation nung pilot at tower never na detect,yun nga lang naka ear plug ako at walang tx,kung cp at malakas ang boses nung gumagamit flight attendant na ang makakaharap nyan.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ay, parang ayaw ko neto. There is a possibility na magiging parang palengke kaingay sa economy section dahil sa ingay.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lakay View Post
    Hopefully they won't allow that one. Kung sa bus na lang ay naka-kaireta kung yong katabi mo ay yak-yak sa telephono, sa eroplano pa kaya kung katabi mo nang almost hours at the time. I rather have on-line access for internet.

anong airlines (economy) po ba ang meron internet access?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mobile Phones to be allowed to be used during flights