New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Excerpt from "*PLAY Signal to noise By Joey Alarilla INQ7.net
    Last updated 02:40am (Mla time) 07/26/2006"

http://technology.inq7.net/infotech/...ticle_id=11758

Some US airlines announcing plans to allow mobile phone use pending approval by the Federal Communications Commission and the Federal Aviation Administration. The idea is for the aircraft to have a mobile signal repeater that will transmit to a separate frequency.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good news yan sana lahat ng flight global... masyadong mahal ang mga offer nilang tawag inflight..

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    imo, dapat di pa rin payagan gamitin yang mga cp na yan during flight... can't imagine na during flight ay may palengke tiyak sa itaas...hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hopefully they won't allow that one. Kung sa bus na lang ay naka-kaireta kung yong katabi mo ay yak-yak sa telephono, sa eroplano pa kaya kung katabi mo nang almost hours at the time. I rather have on-line access for internet.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lakay
    Hopefully they won't allow that one. Kung sa bus na lang ay naka-kaireta kung yong katabi mo ay yak-yak sa telephono, sa eroplano pa kaya kung katabi mo nang almost hours at the time. I rather have on-line access for internet.
    Yung ang disadvantage. Dito nga sa atin, pag land pa lang ng eroplano, most pax are already turning on their mobile phones. Kaya maririnig mo halos sabay sabay na mag-ring.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lakay
    I rather have on-line access for internet.
    Paano kung gumagamit ng VOIP ang pax, e di maingay din.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    medyo hawig ata to dun sa ginagamit sa mga cruises, wherein may satellite din sila nakainstall, so lahat ng mobile phone users, kailangan mag manual select to their network...

if they'll going to allow that, i'm sure ang rates niya pang international roaming din, kung ganun nga, i don't think people will still be interested to forward messages just like they used to with their sun unlimited load, kaya don't worry, di kayo maiirita dun sa mga tunog ng ring tones or message alert tones

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Was just listening to a congressman being interviewed in DZBB. He was on a plane going to leyte using his cellphone...Another example of a lawmaker breaking the law.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    why make a call sa CP kung pwede namang VOIP.. maraming airlines na ngayon ang pwedeng mag online sa internet.. yung boss ko.. kahit nasa airplane.. nag voip/video conference pa rin kami.. usually free ang internet sa business class.. kailangan dala mo lang laptop mo..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So... Airlines are finally admitting that cellphones don't interfere with avionics?

I'd heard from a tech who works with airlines that mobiles do work and don't interfere with planes. It's just that they banned these due to security reasons.

And why not allow CPs on planes? Sure, it's irritating if the person on the CP talks in a loud voice, but that's merely a question of etiquette, and not usage. And if your seatmate is annoyingly talkative, you can at least pretend that you have an urgent call to make.

Allowing people to use CPs will give them the "security blanket" effect that such device have for some people (i.e.: as long as you're connected/reachable, you're safe). I think this is a good thing.

Next up: un-ban cellphone use at the gas pumps. That one's even more ridiculous than the plane ban.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mobile Phones to be allowed to be used during flights