New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    guys,

1. whats the difference between Memory Stick Micro (M2) and Micro SD?
    2. is it true that anything more than 1GB is not advisable for Phones?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imo

1) mas maliit ang M2 than the micro SD. SE K800i and 610i uses M2. Earlier models dito like the 600 and the 750 uses the micro SD.

2) not necessarily.... but most phones developed still don't have the capability to handle more than 1GB kasi these memory modules (> 1GB) have not yet been developed prior to their release. theoretically, a software upgrade on the fone should make it possible to handle more than 1GB memories.

hth

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I used to think that M2, like all Memory Stick variants, is exclusive to Sony. That is, until I saw Memory Stick units made by different manufacturers.

Some handset models, such as the Nokia 6300, can handle up to 2GB of removable flash memory right out of the box. MicroSD cards are already available in as high as 8GB of storage, although SD cards at and beyond 4GB are already classified as 'High Capacity', and will only work with SDHC-compatible devices.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    imo

1) mas maliit ang M2 than the micro SD. SE K800i and 610i uses M2. Earlier models dito like the 600 and the 750 uses the micro SD.
    Almost same size lang ang MicroSD and Memory Stick M2. These two types of memory cards are not interchangeable. And I don't think the older SE models used MicroSD, I think they used Memory Stick PRO Duo.

Quote Originally Posted by rion
    2. is it true that anything more than 1GB is not advisable for Phones?
    Although most current phones should be able to handle up to 2GB memory cards, they tend to slow down considerably with greater than 1GB memory cards because it takes more time to access the files of a higher capacity memory card.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and M2 cards are used for sony products only, unless some other brands have jumped on the bandwagon.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    and M2 cards are used for sony products only, unless some other brands have jumped on the bandwagon.
    Samsung phones also use M2.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ really? i thought they only used micro sd cards

mahal pa naman ng M2 compared sa micro SD.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry sorry, MicroSD pala yung Samsung. Just checked my wife's U600.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung nga ang hassle s sony... ang mahal ng memory cards...although nagmura na rin naman ngayon... my 1GB M2 used to be P3200 (about a year ago)... now the same 1GB M2 is being sold at P1250+ nalang

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bumagsak na presyo ng M2, which is good.

I've also seen adapters that makes MicroSD work in gadgets that uses Memory Stick and vice versa, which is good.

My phone uses M2, my camera and handy cam uses memory stick. Ok rin when you could interchange them all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Memory Stick Micro (M2) on Phones