New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Bwisit talaga tong N73 na to. Ilang beses na akong hindi nakakatanggap ng text messages. I've tried calling Smart CSRs, and I've done all what they wanted me to do (switch to GSM, reset the phone to factory settings, encode the message centre no., turn off the phone, etc.), pero mukhang phone talaga problema.

I can send messages (pero sometimes, nakalagay sa Outbox, Resend at "time"), and receive/make calls, pero ayaw talaga maka-receive, kahit text messages from my own phone!!!

Tried the master reset, check ko mamaya kung gagana.

This problem has recurred thrice in the 4 months I've had this phone. Gusto ko nang ihampas talaga sa pader ito!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Bwisit talaga tong N73 na to. Ilang beses na akong hindi nakakatanggap ng text messages. I've tried calling Smart CSRs, and I've done all what they wanted me to do (switch to GSM, reset the phone to factory settings, encode the message centre no., turn off the phone, etc.), pero mukhang phone talaga problema.

I can send messages (pero sometimes, nakalagay sa Outbox, Resend at "time"), and receive/make calls, pero ayaw talaga maka-receive, kahit text messages from my own phone!!!

This problem has recurred thrice in the 4 months I've had this phone. Gusto ko nang ihampas talaga sa pader ito!

hmmm.... ganun po ba? gusto ko pa naman yan unit na yan... i think you should go to some mini store to reINstall the new version of n73. increase nila or format your phone to higher version. just save all your data (pix, movies, mp3, phonebook.. etc..) to your pc or cd before formating...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Even my N80 had problems sending and receiving SMS if I have the 3G feature turned on. When I turned the 3G feature off, no problems.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Even my N80 had problems sending and receiving SMS if I have the 3G feature turned on. When I turned the 3G feature off, no problems.
    di ba ganun naman talaga scenario ng n73 when the 3G is switched on? Even my cousin in Smart told me to turn off the 3G when im not gonna use it. Nagkakaroon daw ng problem minsan pag bukas 3G. hindi nga daw makareceive ng message.

*Galactus: kung gusto mo try mo upgrade phone mo. meron naman sa website ng nokia, kaya nga lang you have to carefully follow the instruction. Hehe. Dyan nasira phone ko lalo eh.

OT: ok na phone ko, pwede na daw makuha.. :clap:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, that was the 1st thing the CSRs told me, switch to GSM mode (pag Dual mode daw, eh naka 3G). Pero wa epek. I can send text messages, and make/receive calls, but I can't receive messages.

Nung nagloko last time around (early July), dun sa Message Settings, I switched to Full Support (Character Encoding) and toggled Yes sa Reply via same ctr. Aba, gumana. Ngayon, less than a month later, wala na naman. I spent the whole night trouble-shooting, kung ano-ano na ginawa ko, wala pa rin.

I have it turned off as of the moment. Buksan ko mamaya, and will send myself text messages. Hopefully, ok na. Nag-master reset na kasi ako kanina. (Wa epek din kasi yung restore to factory settings).

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Katakot naman iyan....

So far ang aking N73 wala pa namang ipinaparamdam o ipinapakitang problema.....

3404:surfing:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mukhang ok na N73 ME ko. I can now receive text messages.

I think the master reset thing did the trick. Whew! Buti na lang. Talagang na-imbiyerna ako kasi since last night and this morning, walang text na pumasok.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mukhang ok na N73 ME ko. I can now receive text messages.

I think the master reset thing did the trick. Whew! Buti na lang. Talagang na-imbiyerna ako kasi since last night and this morning, walang text na pumasok.
    ano ginawa mo para makapag master reset ka? yung *#7370# ba?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, *#7370#, then I was prompted if I wanted to reset, so I clicked Yes. I had to re-enter again the City Code, Time, and other details. Buti na lang yung Contacts ko, naka-save din sa 2 gigabyte SD card ko.

Thanks bro, I owe you one.

Sana di na magloko ulit. I really think that this phone has firmware issues.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hahaha good for you sir!.. at least you can now receive text messages... maybe upgrading the firmware would be your next move if ever na magloko ulit phone mo kasi its restoring the settings the time you had your unit. the bug might be embedded into the firmware(factory installed) itself..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
"memory low. delete some data."