New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I have n73, equipped with 1gb mini sd. all of my images, videos and sounds are saved in mini sd. I have a free 864mb space on my mmc and on my phone memory i got a very low 173kb free memory. It is said there that 47mb are in use. where?! here's the breakdown, 10kb calendar, 78kb contacts, 25kb messages, 0b images, 0b sound files, 0b video clips, 180b documents and 0b applications.. i may not be good in math subject but there's no way these small amount of data's will reach the size of 47mb.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try deleting some messages, especially those that you received via bluetooth like mp3s if ever there are any in your inbox.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Bro, Click Messaging, the Options, scroll to Settings then Other. Scroll down to Memory in Use, and click Memory Card.

Ganyan din nangyari sa akin, naka-default kasi sa Phone Memory.

If it doesn't work, reboot or Revert to Original Settings.

Pag wala pa din, time to upgrade your firmware or you have a memory leak. Yung Symbian OS kasi occupies a lot of megabytes sa Phone Memory.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    try deleting some messages, especially those that you received via bluetooth like mp3s if ever there are any in your inbox.
    naerase ko na po, just plain text messages laman.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Bro, Click Messaging, the Options, scroll to Settings then Other. Scroll down to Memory in Use, and click Memory Card.

Ganyan din nangyari sa akin, naka-default kasi sa Phone Memory.

If it doesn't work, reboot or Revert to Original Settings.

Pag wala pa din, time to upgrade your firmware or you have a memory leak. Yung Symbian OS kasi occupies a lot of megabytes sa Phone Memory.

HTH
    ginawa ko na memory card yung default sa message pero ganun pa din eh. last option ko is restore to factory settings, btw, paano upgrade ng firmware?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some memory is taken by the OS. Others are taken by the INBOX, especially if you have received pictures or other attachments via MMS or bluetooth. It is also possible you have other co-current running applications. Make sure to exit the application (like internet browser, games, etc) once you are done with it.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    punta ka messaging, then yung "my folder". usually madami nakasave dyan na pics, music at videos passed thru bluetooth. check mo din files sa gallery, anything na walang drawing ng mmc sa tabi, it means sa phone memory nakasave yun.

also check the "manager" (not file manager) for installed apps in the phone memory. delete mo na lang yung di kailangan or you can reinstall it sa miniSD..

kung ayaw pa din, copy all your important data sa mmc..then do a master reset.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    naerase ko na po, just plain text messages laman.

ginawa ko na memory card yung default sa message pero ganun pa din eh. last option ko is restore to factory settings, btw, paano upgrade ng firmware?
    Punta ka sa Nokia Center (Morato, Carpark, Greenhills). P500+ lang ang bayad dun

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think you can upgrade the firmware yourself for free from the nokia website.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    baka same scenario lang din ito sa n95? check out this link

http://www.gadgets.ph/tech/showthread.php?t=5042

""apparently, the n95 has 2 kinds of internal memory. First is the user memory, which can go up to 150MB, depending on the number of txt and apps you have on your phone. The second is the cache memory... which is only up to 25MB, this is the non-volatile memory that runs the apps and programs of the phone.

I think the reason why nokia separated this (from the usual internal user memory) is because they needed a buffer to "throw" the maps into before it displays into the screen. On some countries - like the US and UK, where the GPS maps can take up almost 8MB or more - it would bog down the phone if there's no buffer.

the other apps are handled by the usual internal user memory. (apps like texts, camera, gallery, and other usual stuff you can dump into the phone)

anyway.... one way to free up more of that cache mem is to delete unwanted apps that are runnin in the background. Like that welcome app... and that search app (which are barely used anyway). Once you've used it - you can also delete that setup wizard 2 app.

then install Handy Taskman or Best Taskman to tell how much your internal cache memory is. From the usual of 10 to 12MB, you now have around 18 to 19MB that's free. Which is now good enough for wifi, bluetooh, and gps all at the same time. :D

cheers!""

HTH..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    i think you can upgrade the firmware yourself for free from the nokia website.
    I already did, but unfortunately it wasn't successful. natuluyan na kung baga! cguro nasa last 2-3 steps na ako ng upgrade when the phone turned off then ayaw na mabuhay. i don't know what went wrong, i immediately send the phone to the company who gave it to me then told them.. "oh ayan, natuluyan na.. nasira na talaga. dati lagi na lang low memory tapos ngayon ayaw na mabuhay." meron pala master reset noh aside from restore factory settings. try this *#7370# then press call/send.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
"memory low. delete some data."