New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    the "pila" is very minimal... it depends on how many customers of the pilipinas teleserv went there.

but from experience, I went there pagkabukas pa lang ng DFA and konti lang kami. excluding the time for picture taking the whole process only took me about 10 minutes. :cool01:

the via the website registration isn't working... it's via the phone. you can pick your preferred time/date to go to the DFA.
    So you went through Pilipinas Teleserv? Ikaw ba namili ng date kung kelan ka pupunta sa DFA?

Iba ba yung pila ng Pilipinas Teleserv and the Appointment System of DFA?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yup Jan. 14 nag email yung barkada ko.. nag 1 week na kahapon.. pang 2 weeks na ngayon.. wala pa rin daw reply.. swerte ka nag reply agad sayo..

kamusta naman yung MRP passports don sa nakakuha na?? ok ba naman pagkakagawa?

Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    bro, malabo yata yan na two weeks without reply... the system started only accepting emails last January 14 (meaning one week pa lang na-introduce). I sent one on that day for my passport renewal and got a reply last January 17 for an appointment this morning.

Went there this morning and it took me more than an hour for the whole process (ang cute nung encoder dun sa may auditorium - her name is carmela.) :cupidhit:

however unlike before, releasing will be after 14 days pag normal. 7 days pag "express". in a few months time siguro, makabawi na sila sa workload.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Had to renew my daughters passport early this month. Grabe sobrang bulok ng system.

There is a 3000 person quota. So after they let in 3000 persons, sorry na lang sa iba. Come back next day sila. Some people wait as early as 4am! Quota is usually hit by noon time!

I got there at 8am. Since I was with my pregnant wife, we were given priority at some lines. Even then we finished after 1pm na. Most of the time was spent waiting in line.

Process is:
    1. Wait in line for the guard to let you enter the 2nd line. This line extends all the way to Roxas Blvd! You can skip this line if you have a very young child, disabled or pregnant.
    2. Wait at another line to enter the basketball court.
    3. At the entrance of the basketball court they will stamp a number on your completed application form. This is where they count the 3000 quota.
    4. Wait in line again for someone to stamp your picture.
    5. Another line to get to window a where they do some encoding.
    6. move to window b for more encoding.
    7. cross the street to the DFA building for another round of verification. This is where you choose regular or expidited processing. This is where I got pissed. The clerk told us that the pic is not the right color. This should have been pointed out at earlier since the papers were already inspected 3 times.
    8. Go to the auditorium for payment and final encoding.

After this you can choose to come back for your passport or pay one of the accredited courier to deliver your passport. I decided to just pay the courier.

If you can use the appointment system or Pilipinas Teleserve, do it!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ano ba daw ang correct picture?? pano ginawa nyo nung sinabing mali yung color?? may nag ta take pa ba nang picture sa loob?? or lalabas ka pa?

sana digital na lang yan.. para wala nang mga fixer sa pictures..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I thought digital picture na dapat sa MRP?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I thought digital picture na dapat sa MRP?
    nope. you still have to submit print-out. they require this time 3.5cm x 4.5cm na picture with royal blue background (white dati). actually, the requirements are well written dun sa application form (picture size, color, facial image size). baka scan pa nila yung pics during the processing na mismo to make it digitally embedded sa MRP.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    lowtech naman masyado yan.. kung may personal appearance na rin lang.. dapat digital na rin yung pics.. added security measure pa yan.. so don mismo kukunan..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    ano ba daw ang correct picture?? pano ginawa nyo nung sinabing mali yung color?? may nag ta take pa ba nang picture sa loob?? or lalabas ka pa?

sana digital na lang yan.. para wala nang mga fixer sa pictures..
    royal blue background. ewan nga bakit mali pero royal blue naman yung backgraound. baka d tamang shade of royal blue? Meron photo shop and xerox machine dun. Operated by DFA employees cooperative. Dun na kami nagretake. May notary public din ewan lang kung DFA cooperative din.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
machine readable passport...