New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm sure you guys have experienced this one time or another. Problema talaga ito ng mga slot-loading drives.

This has happened to me several times but this time, I'm unable to get it out.

The thing is, my mini can't even read the disc so there's no disc icon that I can drag to the trash.

I've tried restarting and holding down the mouse key. I've tried going into the Terminal and trying ejecting it from the command line. I've tried Disc Utility.
    I've tried restarting and holding down Command-Option-O-F.

Wala mag-work. I think dahil hindi ma-basa kaya ini-ignore nalang niya yung mga eject options. Of course it might just really be stuck.

Baka may iba pa kayong tips. Ayoko naman padala sa Service Center and i'm sure tatagaain ako unless wala ng ibang choice. Kaya ..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i've experienced that 2 or 3 times with my ibook but a restart was enough to fix it.

here's a link, maybe this would help:
    http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...41011075232575

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Never had that happen to me yet. How about booting into (Command Option O F)Open Firmware since that seems to be the only option left to you if the others didn't work. Once in Open Firmware, type "eject-cd". If that doesn't work, get your wallet ready.

Uh. Never mind. You already mentioned it..... You got me. Time to go to a service center.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 1st, 2006 at 09:11 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    na solve na ba ng link ni knight23? ok yung link na bigay nya di ba?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    this only happened to me when i inserted an unbranded/cheap cd-r...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when i used to use an imac, parati ring nangyayari sa akin to. what i did is to have an old paper clip ready. pansundot dun sa butas ng cdrom drive para bumukas.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    finally got the disc out ... i read about the paper clip and credit card method .. but i really didn't want sticking anything in the slot .. i brought my mini to greenbelt but they didn't have a technician .. i went to powerplant pero dadalhin pa raw nila ito sa san juan and it would cost me 1500 .. so i just went home .. i was hoping that the jostling around of the mini would shake off whatever got the cd stuck .. when i tried to eject it when i got home .. ayaw .. my wife then said she'll try .. so she restarted and pressed the eject button .. (something which i did a hundred times and had no effect) .. tapos ayun .. lumabas yung cd .. ngayon eh sinisingil ako ng 1500 ng asawa ko .. hay .. hehe ..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Good for you.

I usually re-start the Mac and hold the eject button right away. Hayun, eject agad. If not, the paper clip/credit card will do.

Now treat your wife to a good dinner.

For mac users: CD stuck in drive