New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    371
    #1
    any suggestions? i am looking for a laptop under 30k. i saw an asus k401j at 27k. ok na ba ito?

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,105
    #2
    no, that model only comes with Intel integrated craphics (it really sucks).

    If you're really on a tight budget, you might want to look for its better sibling, K40IN (it comes with c2d; Nvidia videocard). It's decent enough.

    But, if you've got extra 3-4k to spare, you should get K42JR. It comes with the Core i3 processor and ATI HD 5470 (dedicated 1Gb Gddr3) its price ranges from 34-38k.

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    371
    #3
    thanks sa replies
    when you say it sucks, does that mean hindi siya durable?

    laptop will be given to my daughter who will be going to highschool this school year. so more of office, internet,chatting and probably watching videos and some photoshops.

    netbook sana, kya lang baka maging underpowered kng mag photoshop siya.

    although meron asus 1201n na naka nvidea, at 27k din. parang in between daw sya ng netbok and notebook, sabi sa gigahertx

  4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,027
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    no, that model only comes with Intel integrated craphics (it really sucks).

    If you're really on a tight budget, you might want to look for its better sibling, K40IN (it comes with c2d; Nvidia videocard). It's decent enough.

    But, if you've got extra 3-4k to spare, you should get K42JR. It comes with the Core i3 processor and ATI HD 5470 (dedicated 1Gb Gddr3) its price ranges from 34-38k.
    HP, yung Asus K42JR compared to Acer AS4740, alin ang mas maganda?

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,105
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post
    thanks sa replies
    when you say it sucks, does that mean hindi siya durable?

    laptop will be given to my daughter who will be going to highschool this school year. so more of office, internet,chatting and probably watching videos and some photoshops.

    netbook sana, kya lang baka maging underpowered kng mag photoshop siya.

    although meron asus 1201n na naka nvidea, at 27k din. parang in between daw sya ng netbok and notebook, sabi sa gigahertx
    It is durable being Intel but it's incapable of doing anything beyond displaying text that even playing HD will be a monumental task for it. What more with photoshop.

    Netbooks are best used as disposable computers (like trekking to a mountain or perilous areas) or 24/7 downloading machines. They were not meant to be used as a primary productivity tool. The slowness alone will drag you to a halt often that you'd rather smash it to bits or set it on fire.

    Don't believe the salesmen. They often do not know what they sell. For school use, I'd get at least Core2 Duo or i3/i5, 4GB ram esp if your child is a bright student.

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13
    #6
    check out my site at www.laptopkid.com
    i can give you special discounts for tsikot members

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,105
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    HP, yung Asus K42JR compared to Acer AS4740, alin ang mas maganda?
    Negus, I'm a believer of the durability of ASUS notebooks and their excellence in keeping the whole computer cool to touch despite long hours of operation. Acers suck at those departments. Their products often disintegrate to bits after a year or two. I know because I was foolish enough to buy two. hehe.

    Acer has a slightly better processor, Core i5 but the Asus K42 series will also have Core i5 soon if you can wait for it.

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,630
    #8
    MSI CR400 / CX420 series

    CR420:
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 1Gb DDR3 160Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw Intel® HD Video - 26,500
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 2Gb DDR3 250Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw Intel® HD Video - 27,500
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 2Gb DDR3 320Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw Intel® HD Video - 27,995

    CX420:
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 2Gb DDR3 320Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw ATi Radeon HD5470 - 30,995
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 4Gb DDR3 500Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw ATi Radeon HD5470 - 36,995

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    39,026
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroi View Post
    MSI CR400 / CX420 series

    CR420:
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 1Gb DDR3 160Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw Intel® HD Video - 26,500
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 2Gb DDR3 250Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw Intel® HD Video - 27,500
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 2Gb DDR3 320Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw Intel® HD Video - 27,995

    CX420:
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 2Gb DDR3 320Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw ATi Radeon HD5470 - 30,995
    Intel® Core™i3-330m 4Gb DDR3 500Gb modem lan wifi 14in. camera dvdrw ATi Radeon HD5470 - 36,995

    Bro, where are these available, please? TIA.

    We're buying within the next few days....

    9505:spam:



  10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,105
    #10
    CVT, if I may, I'd suggest you stick with ASUS among these.

    MSI, like Acer, has crappy build quality. Owners will attest to that. It works but the body structure will be your problem after some time (±1yr).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
looking for laptop under 30k