New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    like tidus said, kung easily available naman then go for it. but I won't pay for 3k or more for just a HDMI input. you can convert your DVI to HDMI naman eh. may adaptors available para dyan.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks for all your inputs.

update lang: finally bought an LG 22" monitor last weekend, HDMI be damned B) had to buy a new video card though, di nakayanan ng onboard video. still trying to get used to the extra screen real estate B)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

update lang: finally bought an LG 22" monitor last weekend, HDMI be damned B) had to buy a new video card though, di nakayanan ng onboard video. still trying to get used to the extra screen real estate B)
    You can still use the old monitor in a dual-monitor set up if your new video card has 2 ports or you can also opt to use the old monitor with the old built-in video. Or, if you buy a laptop then you're set for dual-monitor.

I can't imagine myself using the pc at home with just one monitor especially when I'm doing many tasks.

Just watch your electric bill.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 8th, 2008 at 09:02 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're going to use your laptop as main player (video and audio source)... I don't think you need an HDMI input from your future LCD. But if you're fiuture laptop will have an HDMI output, it doesn't hurt to buy your LCD with an HDMI input, besides it will be more neat to look at and easier to connect and disconnect the HDMI cable compared to a VGA and an audio headphone jack. By the way HDMI cables are now cheap.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

anong model at magkano bili mo? may HDMI na pala sa LG. last time hanns lang yung myroon HDMI.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    walang HDMI ung binili ko...LG L226WTQ.

LG has a model na me HDMI, but i haven't seen it being sold here pa. dunno, baka second half this year magkaron na

nice tip sir Jun...two monitors eh? now i can see twice as much **** :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ah ok I see, thanks, kala ko HDMI yung kuha mo.

nakita ko yang model sa rising sun. in two weeks time from 12,750, naging 11,900 na.

this month hopefuly, I'll be getting myself a 22" too.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks for this topic. ngayon ko lang na pansin may HDMI na pala yung laptop ko

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    been looking for the best 22". then I found out that only 24" Samsung has HDMI, kasi may speakers na rin yung monitor.

Prices of monitors are droping... yung glossy and oval curve shaped sa ilalim ang dini-display sa mga tindahan. parang na-Phase-Out na yung plain simple rectangular shaped.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Maybe it's just because I haven't kept touch with technology or I'm missing something about HDMI. But, isn't HDMI designed to run both video and audio to a monitor and its built-in speakers?

That'd be great if the monitor has great built-in speakers. But, I honestly doubt 22" monitors will have audio with rich bass and mids. In fact, most have sound barely better than a laptop's tin-can sound.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
LCD displays: should i go HDMI?