New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    oo nga, though recent mini speaker tech is getting better. It can't compete with the external sub pc speakers right now. I'm just glad I was not able to buy last month. I will be happy enough for a 22" curved glossy body shape. my sound system is surround. why would I use a tin-can?

arghh... can't keep up with technology and beauty...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    oo nga, though recent mini speaker tech is getting better. It can't compete with the external sub pc speakers right now. I'm just glad I was not able to buy last month. I will be happy enough for a 22" curved glossy body shape. my sound system is surround. why would I use a tin-can?

arghh... can't keep up with technology and beauty...
    OT
    The last time we went to the Apple Store, every single desktop Mac plus a number of MacBook Pros were hooked up to LCD tv's 32" or bigger. The store looked more like an appliance store than an Apple Store. Although I still prefer a Windows HTPC with Media Center, a Mac hooked up to a big LCD tv was still quite impressive.

The big LCD tv's have much richer sound and can take advantage of HDMI's resolution autoconfig. So, I can see where HDMI on computers would be useful.

On Topic....
    But for regular-sized monitors like a 22" widescreen....... VGA and DVI will still do. Besides, even 22" monitors with speakers still come with analog ports for sound unless HDMI has completely replaced them. I know the HP 19" widescreen for my Mac Mini still do. I have the built-in speakers hooked up via analog dubbing cable to the Mini's sound output port.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jun - you are correct. the only practical difference between HDMI and DVI is that HDMI carries both audio/video signals, while DVI is video only. image quality is the same.

so HDMI is a better solution if you're running a high end AV HT system. for computer monitors, with typically no or crappy speakers at best, DVI is all you need. unless the computer is part of a high end AV system :naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    update lang: finally ended up with an LG W2252TQ; nagkaron ng dead pixel ung orig. unit ko. buti na lang madaling kausap ung supplier, pinalitan kaagad.

no complaints naman so far, although i just wished tha power switch was hidden away.

talaga bang iinit ung surface ng LCD after long use?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
LCD displays: should i go HDMI?