New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm planning on getting a new PC this xmas, and gusto ko sana mag 19" LCD na widescreen para mas ma excite nman ako pag naglaro na ako ehehe. Tanong ko lang if you have any tips when acquiring an LCD Display, iba iba kse price range kahit 19" sila pare pareho, iba ung response rate(ms), iba pa ung may DVI(ano ba to?) Nadinig ko din sa radio kanina ung promo ng AOC na trade in your old monitors and get an AOC 19" widescreen LCD for only P9999, may specs ba kyo nung model na sinasabi nila sa promo? what brand can you recommend and san ok bumili?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1751580,00.asp

[SIZE="4"]10 Buying Tips[/SIZE]
    By Alfred Poor

1. Consider viewing-angle performance if you plan to use the monitor to view images. The best way to judge is to see the unit in person.

2. Don't insist on digital interfaces: The images they yield are only marginally better than those from analog connections.

3. Pixel defects are a fact of life, and manufacturers are often vague about what merits replacement under warranty. If you complain enough, you may be able to get the monitor replaced.

4. LCDs are very reliable, but you should still look for a three-year warranty.

5. Speakers in LCD monitors tend to be of poor quality, so we don't recommend you base your purchase on them.

6. Check to see what cables are included. Manufacturers often don't provide the digital cable on dual-input models.

7. USB ports included with monitors are usually non-powered, passive hubs. A separate device is often better.

8. Included programs that let you configure display settings using your computer keyboard or mouse are a big improvement over struggling with tiny front-panel buttons.

9. An adjustable base is important. Tilt and height adjustments improve ergonomics, and a swiveling base is convenient.

10. Before you spend more for a panel that can rotate to portrait mode, make sure you'll use it. Portrait-capable LCDs, however, often have superior viewing-angle performance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you plan to get samsung, let me know.. maybe i can help you get a good deal

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *mackie,
    can you send/PM me the specs/price of the samsung LCD you're talking about? tnx

san ginagamit ang DVI? eto ba ung kinakabit para sa PS3 to get better video quality?

Nakadownload na din ako ng dead pixel tester para kung saka sakaling may makita e, mai test ng maigi hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pa post naman ng link ng dead pixel tester mo.

may napansin kasi akong parang dead pixel dati, then hindi ko na pinansin for a long period of time. a few days ago, meron akong nakitang dead pixel ulit, pero yung una kong nakitang dead pixel, nawala.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *boybi, here is the link..

http://www.dps.uk.com/freeware_DTP.htm
    - less than 200KB lang ata ung freeware pero reliable sya

Kung gusto mo mas madaling pang testing, try accessing the screen saver ng windows, choose blank and click on preview para mag all black ung screen mo, from there you can try to spot the dead pixels

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ba dapat all white para makita yung dead pixel?

btw, thanks for the link.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nalilito din ako kung ano kulay ng dead, stuck and always on na pixel hehe, ung DPT nman pde mo change ung colors

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mackieboy View Post
    if you plan to get samsung, let me know.. maybe i can help you get a good deal
    Bossing, sa Samsung ka work? Interested din ako sa Samsung LCD! Planning to purchase sa Q1 of 2007 pa though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
LCD Displays