New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nmtin
    If you can find a top of the line Intel based laptop for less than 60k go for it... But I think you won't find one. The asus latops go for about 70k already. What more Dell, Toshiba, IBM or HP-Compaq??? The mac ibook is already comparable to a low level centrino, on the processing power and this is will suffice for graphics work. As I said before just max out the ram. Check philmug.ph for more information and contact longbeard for the 52k ibook g4...

I am not a mac user but I have seen it in action since I am a CS grad. I am just left in awe with the stability and usability of the OS (OS X-tiger). Imagine not shutting down ur computer for over a month. That is unheard of in the land of Windows.

If dreamworks uses Intel based computers- i am guessing these are desktops anyway. Well if you think about it, Pixar uses macs for animation also... but both use Linux for their rendering.

The P52,000 iBook promotion is over already.. Do you need any other car accessories or racing parts? I can get it here in HK directly..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nmtin

I am not a mac user but I have seen it in action since I am a CS grad. I am just left in awe with the stability and usability of the OS (OS X-tiger). Imagine not shutting down ur computer for over a month. That is unheard of in the land of Windows.
    We usually leave our PCs in the office on for months on end. So it's not unheard of in the land of Windows. It's really annoying when people say that the Mac is better in terms of graphics, because it's simply untrue. PCs are inexpensive, and won't cost an arm and a leg to maintain. When your Mac breaks down, prepare to shell out major dough.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane
    Forget about the MAC.
    Many artists in Dreamworks and Industrial Light and Magic use Intel systems to do their artwork and animation.
    Talaga?

All along I thought they were using SGI's and O2's, kasi when my boss came back from their studios puro SGI's ang nakita ko na ginagamit ng artist nila eh.

Even their render farms were all O2's.

hmmm.... maybe they downgraded to PC's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
laptop or tablet?