New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    Thanks for replying guys. I will try to re-install tonight. I have a WinXP pirated copy but its SP1, the current XP installed in the laptop given to me is SP2... if the installation is successful using the pirated copy, by then I will be able to find out if If can upgrade from SP1to SP2 via windows update.

By the way the English Pack I downloaded from the microsoft update webpage didn't work, so re-install ko na lang talaga... will keep you updated.

OT: In the meantime, I downloaded the UBUNTU OS (Linux based), and installed in the laptop. So right now everytime I boot I can choose between WinXP (Italian) or the UBUNTU OS... pretty cool... Ubuntu is more responsive.
    Cool! Ubuntu is amazing. By the way, did you create a new partition specifically for the linux distro? If you are going to reinstall, I suggest you format the entire HDD and create 2 partitions, one for XP and the other for Ubuntu, so you don't run into any problems in the future.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mr incredible, yes got two partitions... 1 for the existing Italian XP and 1 for the UBUNTU... fortunately when I got the laptop the 80GB HDD is already partitioned into two. Problem ko with the UBUNTU right now is that I can not find the correct WiFi driver for the the PC.

Okay back to topic... so I got this pirated copy of Win XP PRO, loaded in the disc tray, and then it automatically started the XP PRO installer, but when I selected WinXP installation, there is this Italian message popped up somehow saying that the disc am trying to use for the XP installation is not the disc used to install the existing XP. Pati yon na detect niya. By the way I have to copy the popup message and translate it somewhere in the web.

Anyway, I've searched the web, and everybody is claiming that is not possible to convert a localized Win XP to english, aside from starting from a clean install. It is only possible to convert an existing english XP to localized XP (LIP or MUI).
    If I have to do a clean install, sayang lang 'yong mga existing applications that acer already installed in this laptop.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    most of the pirated winxp are corporate edition media. Your serial key is an OEM, better get OEM media for your installation and try to use your OEM license key written in the bottom of your laptop.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    This may be a long shot but why don't you try calling or bringing the laptop to the acer service center and ask if anything can be done about your dilemma.

here's the contact info:

Acer Service Center
    1651 Paz Guazon St.,
    Paco, Manila

Tel No. (632) 564-1841
    Fax No. (632) 563-9317

email: service*acer.com.ph

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_incredible View Post
    This may be a long shot but why don't you try calling or bringing the laptop to the acer service center and ask if anything can be done about your dilemma.

here's the contact info:

Acer Service Center
    1651 Paz Guazon St.,
    Paco, Manila

Tel No. (632) 564-1841
    Fax No. (632) 563-9317

email: service*acer.com.ph
    Already did sir, and since the lappy don't have international warranty they are going to charge me for the WinXP OS, plus the other Acer SW Apps, plus the service charge, estimate given is around 10k pesos.

So right now, did an install WinXP (pirated) from a clean start, downloaded all the drivers from Acer support site... now the lappy is back to to life with english Win XP, pirated nga lang... hehehe I've connected to the network overnite, but so far microsoft has not detected it... okay pa..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto naman ang solution ko dyan sa pWinXP install para hindi madetect kung geniune or not - http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=16

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    Already did sir, and since the lappy don't have international warranty they are going to charge me for the WinXP OS, plus the other Acer SW Apps, plus the service charge, estimate given is around 10k pesos.

So right now, did an install WinXP (pirated) from a clean start, downloaded all the drivers from Acer support site... now the lappy is back to to life with english Win XP, pirated nga lang... hehehe I've connected to the network overnite, but so far microsoft has not detected it... okay pa..
    Good to hear that everything's ok with your new(ly acquired) laptop.

Regarding your use of a pirated XP installer, just as long as you used the same version as the previously installed one (home or xp), and used the serial indicated at the bottom of the laptop, then everything should be fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Italianong Windows XP