New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my bro-in-law's ipod video 80gb suddenly "died". last time he used it was around 12noon sunday. all was well and the unit was fully charged the night before. come 5pm sunday afternoon, when he turned it on, the unit did not respond, as in totally nothing not even a flicker of the lcd screen. when he got home he tried plugging it in to the usb port of his laptop to see if it will charge but still no response.

has anybody experienced this? and where do we have it fixed? somebody told him that, even if you're willing to pay for the repair, the Philippine Authorized dealer will reject the unit for repair if it has a small scratch, the reason is that thats an indicator that you dropped he unit. Is this true?

been searching the net, and have found similar situations on different ipods
    but none have posted if they have had their units revived.

Pity my bro-in-law, its hard earned money, the unit is just about 8 months old.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Wow hassle. Maybe you could ask at philmug as well if there are similar incidents.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    baka pwede pa isauli...kung CDR king nga pwede eh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    8 months old? was that bought brand new?

ang alam ko, the warranty is good for 1 year. hindi po totoo na kung may scratch void na kagad. kung may "bump" na malaki that indicates sa hard fall... yun ang alam kong hindi na pwede.

dalin mo lang sa apple center... kukunin nila yung unit then tatawag na lang kung replaced na. yung akin, though old na (ipod mini back in 05), pinalitan na nila yung hindi na magon at biglang nagoon for no apparent reason. weird lang, kailangan pa makipagsagutan ng mga tao nila bago nila palitan. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo muna i reset just as theveed stated.
    nangyari na din sa akin yan. nakuha lang sa reset.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    maraming salamat tsikoteers!!!!!!!

talked to my bro-in-law and told him how to reset he unit. hopefully this works.

i asked him where he bought it, he bought it from his friend who used it for about 3 months, he has the receipt, but when he called a mac center in greenhills, they told him about the scratch thing... kaya nalungkot ng husto kasi may konting gasgas sa corner yung unit nya...

i don't own any apple products so i don't know what to do with it...hehehe

balitaan ko kayo kung ano nangyari

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi totoo yan. dalhin mo sa apply megamall, i'm sure they will honor the warranty.

BS yung scratch thing na yan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    call up any apple service center and give them the serial number of your ipod. they can check if its still under warranty.

sayang i have a friend who used to work in apple center. she replaced my ipod for free.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Update on the ipod... it worked! had him plug in the charger then do the reset, first the screen blinked and then the battery indicator flashed and started to recharge. had him let charge fully then try it out... its back to normal... he's happy na ulit.

about the scratch thing... was in greenhills this afternoon. Asked I-studio V-mall about the warranty. he told us about the scratch and dent thing... strict daw ang apple sa scratch or dents kahit maliit lang... any sign of physical damge voids the warranty ... so i said ok thanks... and went back to window shopping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ipod video "sudden death"