New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    There is another one used to be located at Shaw Blvd but same thing happened, it died out. Not enough customers visiting the place buying stuff.
    and there also was one container van mall along Quezon Ave

Outlet something ang name

nakapunta ako dun when it was still operating

puro clothes ang tinda ng mga shops

malapit sa National Bookstore

it's gone

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    There is another one used to be located at Shaw Blvd but same thing happened, it died out. Not enough customers visiting the place buying stuff.
    I remember that place. I think it's near pure gold. It's only now that I realise that those were container vans pala! I used to buy my pambahay clothes there. Lots of over runs. Sobrang init nga lang yung mga shops na walang AC.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; March 26th, 2009 at 10:35 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think that the apartment/mini-hotel application would be good for budget resorts.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I remember that place. I think it's near pure gold. It's only now that I realise that those were container vans pala! I used to buy my pambahay clothes there. Lots of over runs.
    ... and knowing is half the battle! YO JOE!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I think that the apartment/mini-hotel application would be good for budget resorts.
    You should consider logistics if you have to transport those metal containers very far from where they are stored. It adds to the costs.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep

a truck to transport the van

then a forklift (or a crane) to lift the van and put it on its intended place

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yep

a truck to transport the van

then a forklift (or a crane) to lift the van and put it on its intended place
    Leasing a forklift isnt cheap considering it would be used only once per container. (Assumed lifting the container from the truck and placing it on it's final location.)

Best to hire five to six trucks at a time to transport enough containers to keep the forklift busy.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    There is a store in SM mall of asia offering this.

They will do the delivery anywhere,that's what they told me.
    Last edited by mark_t; March 26th, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    There is a store in SM mall of asia offering this.

They will do the delivery anywhere,that's what they told me.
    Oh really, do you have the name of it buy any chance or it's location in the mall like what it is close to, Could take all day to find it in that place.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Hhhmmmm,- apartment 'building'.....

7707:band:
    You'd be surprised.

Like I said, cargo containers are fairly strong.

Your regular residential construction, with cement flooring and structural columns reinforced with re-bar is much, much weaker than a cargo container, which is built to be stacked over a dozen high, with each container stacked on top of the bottom container carrying tons of goods. Those containers are built thick and very, very strong. Try to put the load-capacity of one cargo container on the second or third floor of a regular apartment building (not one built with steel frame-work, mind you, but the old-fashioned way) and the floor would likely buckle...

In fact, a four-storey apartment building made out of cargo containers should be nearly earthquake-proof.

The only problem is disguising it...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Interesting construction method shipping containers