New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hmm.. i'm not sure if possible na ma work out ito sa hardware config mo:

PC1 connected to hub (acting as a router)
    PC2 connected to hub
    DSL modem connected to hub

although PC1 acts as a router (meaning dagdag ka ng lan card at sa add'l lan card mo ikabit yung DSL modem).. you let the PC1 acts as a router.. dito sure na uubra yan... if ever you do this setup, and if you have time para kapain yung mga settings.. this is some kind of a starting point...

check mo muna PC1 lan card1 connected to DSL modem can connect to the internet.. i think this is fairly basic since auto config na ang xp...

para naman ma share mo internet from PC1 to PC2, you have to enable internet connection sharing on PC1... you add another lan card... ang lan card na ito ang nakakabit sa hub (and yung other PC nakakabit sa hub na ito)... for this lan card.. your ip settings for pc1 should have ip address as 192.168.0.1, subnet mask 255.255.255.0 for the 2nd pc, ip address as 192.168.0.2 gateway as 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0

critical dito is yung default gateway (192.168.0.1)... this tells the subnet (of PC1 and PC2) to use 192.168.0.1 (which is PC1) for any outgoing network requests na wala sa local network... meaning this points to the router...

as far as PC1 is concerned.. any network requests na nakuha nya from PC2 na determine nya na kailangan ibato sa ibang network.. ay ibabato nya sa kabilang lan card nya, which is connected to the DSL modem...

sorry na kulang yung info.. this much i know lang eh

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maaring isa lang port ng dsl modem pero may cases na pwede mo i configure ito to router function para siya mismo ang ikakabit mo sa hub tapos yung hub na bahalang mag share ng internet connection sa 2 pc's...sa akin dati i access the dsl modem(forgot the brand) by typing the ip address sa ie bowser tapos sinusunod ko lang yung itinuro ng pldt technician... kapag nokia naman ang dsl modem, madugo daw i configure into router function...sa nortel di ako familiar...

in my case ngayon kahit pwede i configure yung nokia dsl modem ko into router function, napilitan akong bumili ng 4 port na Linsys Router dahil isasauli ko pa sa technician yung Nokia dsl modem kung gusto ko ipa configure into router function...bale ganito na connection ko ngayon: phone line to Nokia dsl modem to Linksys 4 port router(nakakabit din mismo dito yung ibang pc ko) to Lantech hub to all the pc's

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by boybi
    sa dami ng walls in between the 2 PCs, i will need at least 2 wireless access points. wala din ok na place para i-pwesto ang mga access points. pag ok naman yung place, wala naman outlet. at least itong wired network, naipadaan ko pa sa pvc conduit pipes within the walls.
    yup... you said 25 meter cable ang gamit mo .. that's a big room kung single room lang sya... so tama nga assumption ko na magkahiwalay na kwarto to...

wifi usually is ideal ONLY within a single room ... pag may walls na kasi effectively umiiksi ang range ng wifi... they still usually connect access points from room to room with cable... so maglalatag ka pa rin talaga ng cable...

if you think that you're only going to be needing 2 PCs connected to the internet through your DSL modem... and you have time to tinker with the settings.. you can check out my previous post..

but if you foresee naman na dadagdag pa ang gagamit ng internet connection na ito at kung may budget ka naman.. it may be less of a headache to purchase a DSL router.. may built in firewall pa ang mga dsl router boxes... and the cheapest dsl routers in town have a built in 4 port hub na rin..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...naka ganyan ako ngayon boybi.pero may hub lang ako tapos wire na papuntang kwarto ko.madali lang naman poaraanin sa labas ng bahay.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    The simplest solution (according to me), get a router.
    It's the most cost-effective.
    If you are planning to make PC1 to act as your internet sharing device, then PC1 must be always "ON" so PC2 can access the internet, (think about electric consumption of PC1 just to make PC2 access the internet.

Get either Linksys, D-Link, SMC or the cheaper ones like Edimax. Get the one with the 4-port switch.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saan ko ba ipapasok yung mga IP addresses? sa General ba or sa Alternate Configuration?
    Signature

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by wowiesy
    pinaka madali but may konti ka pang gastos..

buy a DSL router ... i think nasa mga 3k ata ang dlink.. mas cheaper pa ata ang linksys...

you connect a cable from your hub to the router... configure the router.. then viola!!! dsl connection for all!!!
    This is the setting of my home networking. I have one PC and two laptops kasi. My PC has a USB wi-fi(802.11G) adapter while the laptops, the older one has a Wi-fi (802.11G) PC card and the newer one has a Intel Centrino PRocessor.

All of them can access the internet at the same time. Although the speed slows down a little bit once they all access simultaneously. Sometimes kasi when my brother with his friends come over to my condo and want to use my network using their laptops, marami and nakakagamit sa DSL line ko but still so much faster than just dial-up.

Ito nga pala ang hardwares gamit ko:
    1.D-link Wireless broadband Router(802.11G)
    2.D-link Airplus PC Card(802.11G) for one laptop
    3.D-link Wireless USB Adapter(802.11G) - for my desktop

No wires whatsoever and easy to install. It only took me 30 minutes for everything to function seamlessly. It didn't require a technician to do it. I did everything myself. I also have a good wireless range. I bring my laptop everywhere in my condominium. I bring my laptop beside my bed, kitchen, living room and even the bathroom(he he he). Of course, not when I'm taking a shower!!He he he!! Wala' namang problema even when there are walls in between. I get excellent connection speed all the time.

Ciao Guys!
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; December 3rd, 2004 at 11:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pare pinakamadali ito:

- click start > help & support
    - on the search area type: internet sharing
    - you will get search results; click on Enable Internet Connection Sharing on a network connection

just follow the instructions. ok na.

may computer shop kami..

just buy a cable/dsl router..
    built-in na hub yan..with 2/4/8-ports connectors..since 2 pc's lang naman pagagamitan mo,you wont need anything more(like a hub).

config the router,then voila!no more dial-ups(bahala na ung router magconnect sa internet)

but if you share your dsl,chances are,babagal speed ng internet mo..(ung lowest speed na ino-offer)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    the only disadvantage of internet sharing as opposed to having a router is that the computer in which the dsl modem is connected should be always on for internet sharing to be realized. better pa rin get a router.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
how to share DSL between 2 PCs?