New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paano po ba alisin kasi everytime buksan ko ko computer labasan agad tong mga programs na in-istall ng mga bata. (i.e.) AOL Instant Messenger, Window live messenger, at kung anu ano pa.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OiC65 View Post
    paano po ba alisin kasi everytime buksan ko ko computer labasan agad tong mga programs na in-istall ng mga bata. (i.e.) AOL Instant Messenger, Window live messenger, at kung anu ano pa.

TIA
    To Uninstall - go to start>control panel> add/remove programs. then uninstall the programs u dont want.

To disable startup items. go to start> run> type MSCONFIG> press enter. go to STARTUP Tab. disable the items u dont want. u will need a restart. a message will pop up. just click "OK"

HTH

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In addition to what NazQ already said.......

If you want to keep the programs but not have them start up, go to each program's Preferences and unselect, "Start program when Windows start" or something similar.

This is best if you're sharing the pc with someone else and they have a need for those particular apps.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    msconfig will do the job if its not present in msconfig search in your startup folder or in your regedit (search in google for more info)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    +1 sa lahat ng nagreply....

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Agree with the above.

Incase you dont know which startup item you can safely remove, use google. Just google the name. Ex. in my startup items I have "avgcc" with google, I know its my antivirus program so I will leave it alone.

Another way is if you have CCleaner. Click Tools > Startup, click the offending item then delete.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the best thing you can do is to go to systems configuration utility.

start>run>msconfig

go to STARTUP tab at the far right.

click on DISABLE ALL on the lower right.

put a check mark on your antivirus programs and then APPLY.

Reboot is needed to complete this resolution.

HTH

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i tried the msconfig way, ok nga kaso yung wifi ko nawawala...(I unchecked all kasi)... alin kaya dun yun sa wifi para hindi ito madisable.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i think it would be better if you uncheck the items one at a time to figure out which are the ones you need to keep and the ones you can remove. As what the others said, it's better to google the listed item to figureout what it does before you decide to disable it from startup.
    Last edited by zman; August 3rd, 2007 at 09:33 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^yep.. better check it one by one, especially if you dont know what your doing.

just use the following site if you want some info regarding a certain item in the startup tab:

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

Check the "Command or Data" column (in the sysinfo.org website) also when verifying a startup item because a lot of trojans have names similiar to legitimate programs.

HTH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how to remove annoying startup programs