New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is it possible for Windows to go straight to Desktop screen whenever I boot up my PC without having to click on a user account?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    what OS are you using?

if youre using XP here's how

1. To change your login settings, click Start > Run (Windows Key+R) and type control userpasswords2. Uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

2. When you click the Apply button, the Automatically Log On window will pop up. Enter your username and password in the appropriate boxes. The next time you reboot your system, it should log you in automatically.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks very much! WinXP nga gamit ko. ;)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Thanks very much! WinXP nga gamit ko. ;)
    hope it helps kasi yan ang ginawa ko for me to bypass the logon screen.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    or maybe:

this will happen if you install dotnetfx, it will create a new user...

just go to your control panel > user accounts > delete the new user or guest user

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    hope it helps kasi yan ang ginawa ko for me to bypass the logon screen.
    Thanks very much! Wala ng login screen! I can now turn on my computer and start doing other things away from the PC. Dati kasi, I'll have to wait for the login screen pa.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Thanks very much! Wala ng login screen! I can now turn on my computer and start doing other things away from the PC. Dati kasi, I'll have to wait for the login screen pa.

sure no problem..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    how to do it with Windows Vista?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    -Go to control panel
    -Select “User Accounts and Family Safety”
    -Select “User Accounts” option
    -You will see at the top portion “Make changes to your user account”, select “Remove your Password”
    -Now you will need to put a current password. Then select remove password to confirm. The close the user account window...

Or use the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel.

- Click the start button then type “Control Userpasswords2″ in the Start Search box.
    - To configure the automatic log on, select your user name in the Users For This Computer list, if it isn’t already selected. Then clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box.
    - you’ll see the Automatically Log On dialog box,then you will need to type your password in both the Password and Confirm Password text boxes. To complete the operation, click OK.

hope this helps.

How to bypass the Windows login screen?