New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    digital timers have an advantage of being able to set the DAY and time when you want to the device attached to turn on and off.

Example:
    M-F 5:50am-12mn on
    Sat 8am to 12nn on
    Sun off whole day
    GH, how much yung ganyang timer?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: I wonder if it is worth it to use an electrical timer on the home refrigerator/freezer?

Since at night, no one would be opening/closing the doors to the ref/freezer so you can turn it off for a few hours, even just for two or three hours each night wouldn't harm the stuff stored inside it.

At 3 hours per day, it's like having over 3 and a half days of power saved on your ref/freezer alone.

Anyone have done it or at least thought about it?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    GH, how much yung ganyang timer?
    I remember buying it at DIY store at Greenhills ... around P500. It even has a "random" mode to turn the device on and off during a segment of time for "security" reasons (house lights during the evening so the house looks occupied).

I used it to turn on the table lamp in living room before I get home since I live by myself. It's nicer to arrive home with some lights on to prevent stumbling around in the dark looking for the light switch located in the middle of the living room/hallway of my condo.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 17th, 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: corrected price estimate

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    OT: I wonder if it is worth it to use an electrical timer on the home refrigerator/freezer?

Since at night, no one would be opening/closing the doors to the ref/freezer so you can turn it off for a few hours, even just for two or three hours each night wouldn't harm the stuff stored inside it.

At 3 hours per day, it's like having over 3 and a half days of power saved on your ref/freezer alone.

Anyone have done it or at least thought about it?
    I don't think you can save more by doing that since to the fridge since pag on ulit eh mag start nanaman yun motor and that where the big electricity consumption is...

anyways as long as hinde naman nabubuksan yun fridge during that time it won't consume too much electricity

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boybi, available sa ACE hardware yan digital timer, what's good about that timer is meron siyang UPS inside so kahit meron black out eh yun na set mong time eh hinde mag reset unlike yun sa akin na analog pag nag black out hinde na rin iikot yun timer.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    re the water dispensers: pansin ko kasi on some of our units, nagkakaron ng condensation pag nakapatay -- my guess is nag ice siya sa loob, and since no power, no cooling, natunaw. ganun din ba sa inyo?

afaik me binebentang mga timers sa mga tiangge at around 250 pesos...kaso i'm hesitant to use them on high power appliances...alam nyo na kung bakit...

Nakabili ako dati ng timer sa Ace Hardware, Panther ata ung tatak. the model i bought was intended for aircons -- it has a power plug for the electric fan that will activate once time's up.

btw, thanks to the threadstarter -- magrekomenda nga sa company mamaya...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Boybi, available sa ACE hardware yan digital timer, what's good about that timer is meron siyang UPS inside so kahit meron black out eh yun na set mong time eh hinde mag reset unlike yun sa akin na analog pag nag black out hinde na rin iikot yun timer.
    yup, thats why I like digital timers... they have a built in battery back up so the timer keeps on running normally even it the power goes out. Analogue timers have to be reset.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    re the water dispensers: pansin ko kasi on some of our units, nagkakaron ng condensation pag nakapatay -- my guess is nag ice siya sa loob, and since no power, no cooling, natunaw. ganun din ba sa inyo?
    nope... but our water dispenser has a plastic shell so I can't see if it develops any condensation inside the shell.

afaik me binebentang mga timers sa mga tiangge at around 250 pesos...kaso i'm hesitant to use them on high power appliances...alam nyo na kung bakit...
    I would rather not buy those el-cheapo stuff... better safe than sorry.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi, ito yun timer ko it says 0-3300W

I've been using it for 3 years na siguro wala naman problema...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shadow, yan ba yung pag nagbrownout, stop din ang timer?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hot & cold water dispenser, how to save on energy?