New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Which would save more energy, leaving it plugged and turned ON 24/7, or unplugging it after office hours?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Which would save more energy, leaving it plugged and turned ON 24/7, or unplugging it after office hours?
    Unplugged after office hours would save on the electric bill.

Maybe a digital timer would make it simpler so no one would forget unplugging it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unplugged after office hours surely saves energy

but at home, it is 24/7 ... so i adjusted the cooling thermostat to lower (less cold) setting and we saved around P1k in billls than the previous setting (mid position)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unplugged it boybi, ganyan sa house and office namin unplugged na sa gabi, sa house after dinner unplugged na actually not unplug, pinapatay lang yun on/off switch both ng hot and cold water

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    unplugged after office hours surely saves energy

but at home, it is 24/7 ... so i adjusted the cooling thermostat to lower (less cold) setting and we saved around P1k in billls than the previous setting (mid position)
    Our hot/cold water dispenser has no temperature setting.

I think even for home water dispensers, installing an electric timer will help save power especially during the hours of the night that it is not needed (ie: 12:00mn to 5:30am). Those five and a half hours per day can save a lot of electricity over the course of a whole month.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there is a digital timer that you can buy bro at handyman.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May power rating ba mga digital timers? Ilan watts ba ang water dispenser?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    May power rating ba mga digital timers? Ilan watts ba ang water dispenser?
    mahal yata yun digital...Boybi pag pumunta ka dito sa Manila ang daming manual timer na binebenta sa Divisoria..hehehe P150 lang *

gamit ko sa aquarium lights ko then sa mga electric fans para pag off ng A/C bukas naman ang fans....

post ko mamayang gabi kung ilan power rating nun manual timers ko nasa bahay eh

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

The timer is a very good suggestion! If you find digital ones too expensive, you may try the analog timer for aircons I got them at P1500 a piece.....Ace Hardware (i think).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ericp View Post
    The timer is a very good suggestion! If you find gigital ones too expensive, you may try the analog timer for aircons I got them at P1500 a piece.....Ace Hardware (i think).
    digital timers have an advantage of being able to set the DAY and time when you want to the device attached to turn on and off.

Example:
    M-F 5:50am-12mn on
    Sat 8am to 12nn on
    Sun off whole day

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Hot & cold water dispenser, how to save on energy?