New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    *oj88, that must cost a fortune to operate and maintain. hehe

How many watts in all, for the whole network to run?
    Using a power meter, the total consumption of the core equipment (2nd pic), including the parasitic load from the UPS (~10W) is 140W on average. The server probably takes up close to 2/3's of that total. In fact, the 7 hard disks alone consumes anywhere between 36-40W combined.

The 2nd and 3rd switches goes to the respective houses of my parents and siblings, so any power they consume are not included in my electricity bill.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Using a power meter, the total consumption of the core equipment (2nd pic), including the parasitic load from the UPS (~10W) is 140W on average. The server probably takes up close to 2/3's of that total. In fact, the 7 hard disks alone consumes anywhere between 36-40W combined.

sir, anong power meter po gamit nyo? Kill-A-Watt?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    sir, anong power meter po gamit nyo? Kill-A-Watt?
    Nope. I have the one manufactured by Omni (Omni electrical - lighting Limited).

It's available at Ace or Handyman for a little under P1k.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    I'm planning to have Data Cabling in our house. I don't know how this is implemented, but i guess each room should have an outlet/provision for data cable connection, so i can just plug in my data cable and surf the internet(thru my DSL connection) anywhere in the house. The data cabling will run thru the house along with the telephone and cable tv, in a common piping, i suppose.

So how is this implemented? Is there a switch somewhere that that will receive the single signal from the telephone, cable, and data(dsl signal) and distribute it thoughout the house? Is the switch just a splitter of signal or something more sophisticated?

Any tips or best practice for making this work with minimal problems? What type of cable/jack to use, to make it future proof a bit.
    If i was at the same stage, also would advise someone to explore wi-fi that's less expensive to help put into action and maintain.

kasi pag cabled community ka, in the end, you can swap the actual UTP5 cables dahil minsan nadedegrade yan ng moisture. let alone, minsan, nginangatngat pennsylvania yan ng daga.

Looking for more information on Voice And Data Cabling : Telesystemscorp

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Home Data Cabling