I got this error message on my laptop:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

It this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk deframentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Reun CHKDSK/F? To check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0x000000024(0x00190203, 0x823DD548, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)"

This is a Toshiba laptop that I've had for a minimum of 5 years and has never been reformatted. I've been getting blue screens every now and then for the past 6 months but this is the first time that my laptop won't reboot na!

I have not backed up my files!!! I am desperate for help. I have some personal files that I want to back up and delete before bringing my laptop for service. If my laptop is hopeless na, I just need a way to recover my files. I am posting this from my equally ancient phone and it's very difficult to google for a solution. If anyone can please direct me somewhere where I could get some helpful input din, I would very much appreciate it.

I have cold hands and feet na because I am scared that I won't be able to recover years of data!!! I know I am stupid for not backing up my files. I've long procastinated about it kasi. I really do now want to bring my laptop for repair with all my personal files still there. I have a feeling they will ask me to leave my laptop kasi for diagnosis.