New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Any recommendations? i saw a couple of Lite-On DVD+HDD recorders in V-mall a few years back, but i guess it didn't catch on. Ang mamahal kasi ng mga nakikita ko, and preferrably i'd like one that doesn't have a DVD burner -- i'll do the burning offline na lang.

i'm tempted to do another DIY project on this, but the failure of my first project is still fresh on my mind; kelangan kasi me computer knowledge to make it work. This time around everything should be done with the push of a few buttons.

tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what do you plan to do? Record TV shows to the HDD for later viewing?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Go with a Home Theater PC (HTPC). But it will require some computer knowledge to set it up... especially when choosing and installing a TV tuner.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Check this out:
    http://www.tvix.co.kr/eng/productList.aspx

Dati dala iyan dito ng Axis-Global pero hindi ko na nakikita lately. Most likely sa Singapore mo pa iso-source.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mainly just to record cooking shows B)

re HTPCs...mahal kasi ng casing na ganyan. i think the total cost of setting it up is about the same as true DVD+HDD recorders.

There are actually a lot of slim type casings out there that go for under 2k -- 500w PSU included. Kaso they're still a bit bulky compared to a true DVD+HDD recorder.

Nettops are also another choice, pero me kamahalan din.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *uvax: interesting find, will inquire. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    mainly just to record cooking shows B)

re HTPCs...mahal kasi ng casing na ganyan. i think the total cost of setting it up is about the same as true DVD+HDD recorders.

There are actually a lot of slim type casings out there that go for under 2k -- 500w PSU included. Kaso they're still a bit bulky compared to a true DVD+HDD recorder.
    If you have an existing PC, why not just install either a TV tuner card or a USB TV tuner device and use it's software to record your shows?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yea ung TV tuner pwede ka na mag-convert straight from old videocameras pa like Hi8 blah blah usually kasi mga videocams ngayon usb/dvd na.

Around 2006, 10k pa yan. I'm sure mura na ngayon sobra

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Yea ung TV tuner pwede ka na mag-convert straight from old videocameras pa like Hi8 blah blah usually kasi mga videocams ngayon usb/dvd na.

Around 2006, 10k pa yan. I'm sure mura na ngayon sobra
    USB TV tuner can be bought under P2,000.

Even CDR-KING has them.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There are slim PC cases that can take microATX boards. I got a low-profile tower case for around 1.5k for my HTPC.

It may still be bigger and use up more desk real estate, but the features and versatility is pretty much unmatched by any "PVR-in-a-box" systems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HDD recorders