New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thank you po! Nakabili na po ko ng hard disk. Sa Rsun po ako nakabili.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just got mine last week in PC Express SATA 100gb HD Seagate. Here is the thing, my notebook is just less than a year and the HD gave up. Brought it to Toshiba and they say that the parts are unavailable. Went down our building to check on PC Express and they have the Seagate on hand. The technician removed the Toshiba HD and guess what, made in the Philippines. It is just unfortunate that it is locally unavailable and we need to order overseas. How ironic isnt it. I just found out HDs are very sensitive to shocks and my notebook just got a previous stomping, hence the breakage.

Btw, bought the Seagate for P3300.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you're using a laptop as your primary means for computing, i suggest you always back up your data in a separate HDD...laptops are mobile devices while hard disk are mechanical in nature thus it is prone to shocks.

tumitingin tingin din ako sa tipidpc ng portable HDD para sa sarili ko kaso puro 3 months warranty lang kahit bnew eh, parang nakakatakot. I need to back up my data sa desktop nmin, nahihirapan na kse ako itago ung mga "collection" ko e, nagu umapaw na, lapit na mapuno hard disk ng desktop ehehe

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Just got mine last week in PC Express SATA 100gb HD Seagate. Here is the thing, my notebook is just less than a year and the HD gave up. Brought it to Toshiba and they say that the parts are unavailable. Went down our building to check on PC Express and they have the Seagate on hand. The technician removed the Toshiba HD and guess what, made in the Philippines. It is just unfortunate that it is locally unavailable and we need to order overseas. How ironic isnt it. I just found out HDs are very sensitive to shocks and my notebook just got a previous stomping, hence the breakage.

Btw, bought the Seagate for P3300.
    hindi ba under warranty pa pag less than a year old?

Ano comment/reviews sa Samsung and Western Digital laptop drives?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Recently bought a 200GB External USB Storage HD (Hitachi) for on 5,700. I would like to replace sana the 100GB internal HD of my Laptop...kaso I would also need 200GB for backing it up.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Acronis True Image is useful in backing up your laptop's harddrive.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    double post... sorry.
    Last edited by radiazone; November 23rd, 2007 at 06:40 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    hindi ba under warranty pa pag less than a year old?

Ano comment/reviews sa Samsung and Western Digital laptop drives?
    WD ko patay in just a year di ko mahanap service center 5yrs warranty nga pero ala service service center dito sa cebu, buti pa Hitachi travelstar OEM sa notebook buhay pa 2yrs++..

also my friends compaq, seagate ung OEM SATA less than a year dead...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT:

what your max temperature experience of your laptop HD? mine is 56degrees no fan cooling

if you don't know download HDTUNE software..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekra View Post
    Acronis True Image is useful in backing up your laptop's harddrive.
    How do use Acronis? It came preinstalled in my laptop but I've never used it. I'm planning on upgrading my harddrive so need to figure it out.

I recently saw a 160GB Western Digital laptop drive selling for 2900 pesos only. Sobrang mura! Cheaper than most 120GB drives. 1 year warranty daw. Almost bought it pero nagdalwang isip ako at baka may catch.

Advice naman should I buy it or not?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hard Disk ng Laptop