New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Umm. Most of Manila is covered. Is there a particular location you're looking for?

At least most of Las Pinas City is covered. I was tracing the route I took when cycling on my 10-speed from RFC through Dona Manuela Subdivision, to Vergon Village to Naga Road to BF International to BF Paranaque back to BF International to BF Resort to Pilar Village to Moonwalk Village to Queen's Row back to Moonwalk Village, Pilar Village, BF Resort, along the Alabang-Zapote Road to Philamlife Village and back to RFC. Whee.
    yeah was trying to locate a place kaso general yung binigay na result. maybe, may mali naman sa paggamit ko

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    updated ba ang G.E? kasi i checked our place last week, pero two years ago pa yung pic na nasa G.E .. how often sila update?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
    yeah was trying to locate a place kaso general yung binigay na result. maybe, may mali naman sa paggamit ko
    Yup. You're right. The location finder doesn't work as well as it could. But, I'm used to tracing routes around Manila.

For someone without a car, I traveled an awful lot around Manila. Sometimes I'd get on a jeepney, any jeepney and get myself lost. One time, I think I ended up north in Bulacan(?). But, I eventually found my way back home in time for supper.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yup. You're right. The location finder doesn't work as well as it could. But, I'm used to tracing routes around Manila.

For someone without a car, I traveled an awful lot around Manila. Sometimes I'd get on a jeepney, any jeepney and get myself lost. One time, I think I ended up north in Bulacan(?). But, I eventually found my way back home in time for supper.
    I see, in my case, I fell asleep so when I woke up nasa terminal na ako ng bus in Silang, Cavite but hmm lemme try to figure it out again how this thing works.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

I see, in my case, I fell asleep so when I woke up nasa terminal na ako ng bus in Silang, Cavite but hmm lemme try to figure it out again how this thing works.
    Ahhh. Cavite. I used to visit relatives in Binakayan. In fact, I can see the old house we first stayed in. Plus there's Covelandia Resort. They're still there up to now.

I've gotten lost as far as Imus. Beyond there, it started looking scary.....dirt roads, drunks, soldiers with guns (back in Marcos' time). So, I didn't go any farther.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Oh well. That's progress. RFC should've remained a mere supermarket like I last remembered it as.

The blue-roofed building across RFC I remembered last as a theater with Shakeys Pizza and a bowling alley. What is it now?

Some observations......

1. After all these years, Phase 1 of Dona Manuela Subdivision still isn't full of houses. There's still plenty of vacant lots, esp by the mayor's house.

2. All that area across RFC used to be vacant. Now, it's completely full. Wow...... looks pretty crowded.

Blue Roof Building,- you're accurate in your recollection. We used to bowl there and eat at Shakey's. It was a hip place to be seen in town then...

Now, it's a big hardware store. Forgot the name, but something like a Home Depot. Comes with ChowKing Restaurant and Goldilocks fronting Alabang-Zapote Road. Along Manuela Avenue are shops like MiniStop (Japanese version of 7-11), Han's Dental Clinic (good family friend), an internet cafe, and other small establishments. At the back of this building is a pet shop and the back of the hardware store. Second floor of the building contains a pub/cafe with billiards.

1. It still is, but houses are aplenty compared to those years....
    2. There's Zafra, fronting Zapote-Alabang Road and across RFC, with some more establishments and be*rhouses....

5808:bee:

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    wow memorized you pala ang Las Pinas.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    There's a building up in Baguio I watched being demolished 3 or 4 years ago which is still there in Google Earth

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Google Earth is only as recent as the last satellite photo of your area uploaded onto it. In some places, it's up-to-date, but some places in the Philippines aren't fully covered, or aren't photographed as often.

There are some provinces which have higher-resolution maps than the city, actually... which is weird. The maps for Tagaytay were also appallingly low-res when I last saw them three months ago.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    wow memorized you pala ang Las Pinas.
    Well, when you're happy at a place, you savor every moment. I had fun in Las Pinas. I mean, I had my share of frustrations over there. But, the happy memories far outweighed the bad. And it's not just because I lived in what I thought was a nice, very peaceful, and secure area (back then). I also met and lived with relatives in Cavite who were poor. Despite not being rich, they were happy which made it even better for me. Personally, I liked their simpler life better than my own family's.

I knew my stay wasn't going to last too long. Eventually, I'd be returning here. That's why every day I was there, I lived it and not just let a day go by. Here, there are days when I just go, "Ho Hum". Not in Manila. There's no way to get bored in Manila. Every day was an adventure. I want to take a trip there alone. But, my wife won't let me.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 15th, 2008 at 04:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Google Earth.....Take 2