New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi guys!
    i'm planning to buy my lovely wifey a PDA phone for her upcoming birthday.
    the problem is i'm a person who's knows nothing about gadgets.
    PDA, MP3/MP4, PSP....i just hear of them but i only have a 3-year old cellphone, that's all i know.
    so now i'm looking at different PDA phone models/brand. saw the likes of O2, Dopod, Palm, HP and others.
    what brand and model would you guys suggest, and why?
    BTW, i'll buy the unit in HK coz its cheaper, would it be compatible with our local system in phil?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    Hi guys!
    i'm planning to buy my lovely wifey a PDA phone for her upcoming birthday.
    the problem is i'm a person who's knows nothing about gadgets.
    PDA, MP3/MP4, PSP....i just hear of them but i only have a 3-year old cellphone, that's all i know.
    so now i'm looking at different PDA phone models/brand. saw the likes of O2, Dopod, Palm, HP and others.
    what brand and model would you guys suggest, and why?
    BTW, i'll buy the unit in HK coz its cheaper, would it be compatible with our local system in phil?
    ang alam ko lang na pda phone ay yung gawa ng HP. ang pda phone at smart phone pareho ba? gusto mo ba ng touch screen?

smart phones:
    treo 6xx, 7xxx
    motorolla q
    nokia e62

lahat ng ito ay either tri-band or quadband. gagana yan sa pilipinas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O2 seems to be a good unit... most companies prefer this as their company issued gadget. O2 Stealth is the latest, if I'm not mistaken.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    there shouldn't be any compatibility problems, we usually get our phones from taiwan, no issues naman. basta gsm 900/1800 compatible pwede.

mga suggested models ko:

o2 stealth - slider phone with standard keypad para sa mga sanay sa normal phones. screen is slightly smaller than sa other o2 models like the mini. if ur new to pda phones, very good phone to help you transition. value for money altho di lang nga sya 3G.
    approximately Php29k
    http://www.seeo2.com/product/XdaStea...ProductInfo.vm

dopod 810 - full featured - windows mobile 5, 3g, wifi, 3G HSDPA.
    approximately Php45k
    http://www.dopodasia.com/global/SEA/...d810_spec.html

dopod 838 pro - all the features of 810 plus qwerty keypad.
    approximately Php49k
    http://www.dopodasia.com/global/SEA/...8pro_spec.html

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ok yung new O2 Zinc.
    pagkakaalam ko 3g capable na din sya.
    Last edited by roninblade; March 16th, 2007 at 02:08 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    o2 phones are ok and so are IPAQs.
    the SE P990 can also support as such.

and yes, phones bought in HK can be used here. just make sure they are open lined already.i used to get my phones there.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    O2 seems to be a good unit... most companies prefer this as their company issued gadget. O2 Stealth is the latest, if I'm not mistaken.

ser, i saw that stealth lastnight, i really love it!
    looks like an ordinary slide cellphone with a very elegant balck-matt finish and the keypad is just an ordinary cellphone with a stylus siempre.

kaso di rin ako gano marunong magbasa ng specs kaya di ako sure kung ok.

magkano kaya sa pinas to?RMB5,500 (P34,000) kasi dito china eh, should be cheaper in HK though.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    magkano kaya sa pinas to?RMB5,500 (P34,000) kasi dito china eh, should be cheaper in HK though.
    this is for the stealth? around 29k lang sya dito. mall price pa yun, sa ambassador ko nakita park square. they are offering this on installment basis din.
    wala syang 3g, otherwise complete phone if you ask me. I have a mini and kulang lang talaga dito is wifi capability which meron sa stealth.

I think with pda phones mas mahal sa china because you're getting charged for the chinese os. yan ang explanation ng ate ko why mas mahal ang ibang phones sa taiwan.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    O2 Atom. Ok yan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stay away from the O2 Stealth. It is the most buggy phone we've owned. it's too hard to use the hardware keypad for SMS, halos impossible na. Bought it for my wife last November, instead of gawing main phone, naging backup phone nalang sya.

Most PDA Phones are not network locked. Wala yatang capability na mai-lock ang mga ito, so no problem on this part.

Just make sure na English version ang OS ng phone, unless ok lang sa inyo ang Chinese ang mga menus. Although pwede naman i-flash yung ROM (OS) to English or vice-versa, mawawala naman yung warranty if you did so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Good PDA Phone, any suggestions?