New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just subscribed to Globe DSL (3mbps). It's supposed to be static IP but I was not yet given my IP add.

Before today, internet browsing and downloading was very fast. But right now, some sites won't load properly. In facebook, some pictures won't load at all, sometimes, the picture will just load halfway and then stop.

Do anyone here using Globe DSL experience this? Can I do anything to fix this on my side?

Using PLDT DSL, I did not encounter these problems.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    have you tried resetting your modem?

Used to have GLOBE DSL as well.. switched to PLDT myDSL..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did that already. I turned it off and then on. Same same.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I just subscribed to Globe DSL (3mbps). It's supposed to be static IP but I was not yet given my IP add.
    If it is static, the day your DSL installed it should be static. Unless:

1. Your plan is residential then you subscribe to Static IP which is additional cost Php 700+ per month. You need to wait at least an hour before the Static IP reflects.
    And yes, Globe is commonly known in selective browsing since it uses Transparent Proxy (Residential line). Every minute or hour nagpapalit ng IP

Could you help confirm if the plan you currently subscribe is Business or Residential?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope. I subscribed for their 3MB Business Line DSL with Static IP.

Other subscribers of Globe DSL in my area also said they got their static IP a few days after installing their line.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    problema ko naman dyan sa globe.. kahit IP address na nila.. they wont let you use their smtp mail server..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mali yatang nag Globe DSL ako. Mura kasi static IP nila, P2300, 3mbps. Pag mag speedtest ako, umaabot ng 4mbps.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Nope. I subscribed for their 3MB Business Line DSL with Static IP.

Other subscribers of Globe DSL in my area also said they got their static IP a few days after installing their line.
    If that's the case, you can call their Tech Support to check your account. Usually meron sila tinatawag na profile system. Maybe they forgot to change your account from Dynamic to Static.

Good thing about globe is 80% of the advertised speed is makukuha mo. Globe is also good in terms of P2P download. Mabilis talaga sya compare to other ISP.

Never pa ko tinamaan ng CAP na sinasabi nila kahit sobrang dame ko na download

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

How about getting bumped off every so often? I am experiencing this lately with our Globe provider.....

12.9K:foshizzle:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's strange, we have just recently subscribe to Globe Business DSL (3Mbps) with a static IP and no problem at all.

Our subscription is less than a month old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Globe DSL, selective browsing?