New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ^but if the speed is as good as advertised and w/o capping then pwede na. from what I've read the telecom won't be able to oversubscribe if they eventually use the 4G or something to that effect unlike the 3G tech

It would be impossible for the ISPs not to impose data-throttling & data-capping today.

Without proper content that would take advantage of the 4G's faster data rates, consumers will be slow to upgrade their relatively new 3G stuff for expensive 4G tech.

Cheapest would be the 4G usb internet dongles. But others would have 3G/4G "mobile wifi" devices which costs like a lower end mobile phone.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ^but if the speed is as good as advertised and w/o capping then pwede na. from what I've read the telecom won't be able to oversubscribe if they eventually use the 4G or something to that effect unlike the 3G tech
    There is no oversubscription na rin naman sa wimax tech nila but if sabay-sabay pa ring gagamit lahat ng subscriber, meron pa rin talagang slow browsing na mangyayari...
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    There is no oversubscription na rin naman sa wimax tech nila but if sabay-sabay pa ring gagamit lahat ng subscriber, meron pa rin talagang slow browsing na mangyayari...
    Which means all these telcos/internet providers in the Phils. are crap!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    im using a 4g device samsung galaxy s2 phone and max speed i get is only 2mbps at 1am in the morning and once in makati at 11am passing there salcedo tower...

regular speed is 50-300kbps in mandaluyong area its kinda ripping me off expecting more than 3mbps i was expecting but as more days goes by their 4g is getting slower i rarely reach 1mbps when im in rockwell plant and if you reach above 1mbps using 4g it would be seconds and it will go back to low speed to 3g..

i think they need to put more tower.. =( anybody having the same experience?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Understand also that the speed you get to the telcos is up to their data centers only... so it is potentially possible to reach full 4G speeds from your device up to the telco's data center. From there, though, you join the millions of other subscribers wanting to connect to the great beyond... and the Philippines only has limited cables going out to the world. This is the reason why even in my office, with multiple DS3s, we still get "capped" below our DS3s maximum possible throughput when connecting to our servers abroad... the cables from the Philippines going out simply has limited capacity.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBakaL View Post
    im using a 4g device samsung galaxy s2 phone and max speed i get is only 2mbps at 1am in the morning and once in makati at 11am passing there salcedo tower...

regular speed is 50-300kbps in mandaluyong area its kinda ripping me off expecting more than 3mbps i was expecting but as more days goes by their 4g is getting slower i rarely reach 1mbps when im in rockwell plant and if you reach above 1mbps using 4g it would be seconds and it will go back to low speed to 3g..

i think they need to put more tower.. =( anybody having the same experience?
    More equipment lang sir, may existing towers na sila eh. Kaso expensive ang equipment dyan so unless high demand, hindi puwede basta-basta. Best pa rin tattoo internet with 3G ka lang muna.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ako naka Globe Wimax. Ewan ko lang kung 4G (siya yung parang may cone thingamajig) pero last year OK na OK siya for me dahil umaabot ng 120 KBPS throughput. At consistent yun kahit bumabagyo. Mga 2-3 months back though, nag start na magloko. Pag masama ang weather ayaw mag connect. Tapos pag mga 15th of the month na 35 KBPS na lang speed niya. Recently naman, it cycles off every 30 minutes or so kahit nakaka ping ako.

Trust me. As much as possible, stay wired.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Ako naka Globe Wimax. Ewan ko lang kung 4G (siya yung parang may cone thingamajig) pero last year OK na OK siya for me dahil umaabot ng 120 KBPS throughput. At consistent yun kahit bumabagyo. Mga 2-3 months back though, nag start na magloko. Pag masama ang weather ayaw mag connect. Tapos pag mga 15th of the month na 35 KBPS na lang speed niya. Recently naman, it cycles off every 30 minutes or so kahit nakaka ping ako.

Trust me. As much as possible, stay wired.
    Oo, mas stable at mas mabilis pa rin wired. Dami kasi interference na puwede mangyari sa wireless. Maganda lang sa wimax eh portable din naman basta may wimax signal.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pardon my ignorance is wimax the same with globes 4g lamborgini portable 4g?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBakaL View Post
    pardon my ignorance is wimax the same with globes 4g lamborgini portable 4g?
    Iba sir ang technology.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast