New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I have this Hand Charging SONY FM / AM portable radio B03 Silver ICF-B03.

One of the souvenirs I bought from Japan after I finished graduate studies.
    I got the idea from one of my professors after the great March 11 earthquake.

The FM/AM radio functions very well here in the Philippines with very clear sound.
    LED flash light is enough for short distance lighting (i.e. inside the house).
    Can also be used with batteries.
    Water proof.
    It has a mobile phone charger but unfortunately only for Japanese phones. I am hoping to hack into it to allow it to charge our phones.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    cellphone lang may radio na may led flashlight pa.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    edited - sorry akala ko smartphone apps lang. anyways

- Cellphone -- have the ff installed:

1. of course, the default radio app, tuned int to 92.3 FM
    2. Brightest Flashlight --
    3. TeslaLED - i use #2 more, but this has some cool features:
    - "strobe light" -- mimicks the wang-wang lights thingy
    - text to morse code - uses the flash or the display to send out morse code
    4. Project NOAH - flood maps
    5. PAGASA Mobile
    6. iTyphoon
    7. First Aid app by American Red Cross
    8. MMDA app
    9. Compass

- Emergency light, although puro sira na :p Resorted to buying a few LED flashlights from CDR-King

- CDR-King hand-crank radio+flashlight. If you want something sturdier there are a few by Eton on Amazon

- used to have an emergency fan+radio combo pero sira na rin :p

- recently bought one of those wall-mounted "press-on" emergency LED lights by EverReady

a few items in my bag:
    - a few plastic bags. When it rains hard, tapon lahat ng gadgets sa plastic bag, lusong sa baha :D
    - waterpoof flashlight -- came in handy one time nung walang ilaw sa bangketa.
    Last edited by badkuk; August 19th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    I have this Hand Charging SONY FM / AM portable radio B03 Silver ICF-B03.

One of the souvenirs I bought from Japan after I finished graduate studies.
    I got the idea from one of my professors after the great March 11 earthquake.

The FM/AM radio functions very well here in the Philippines with very clear sound.
    LED flash light is enough for short distance lighting (i.e. inside the house).
    Can also be used with batteries.
    Water proof.
    It has a mobile phone charger but unfortunately only for Japanese phones. I am hoping to hack into it to allow it to charge our phones.
    Can it charge Sony phones?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've been thinking about getting a small genset for the house, pero feeling ko lalangawin lang siya 99% of the time; may compromise on a UPS

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i've been thinking about getting a small genset for the house, pero feeling ko lalangawin lang siya 99% of the time; may compromise on a UPS

I used to have a UPS plugged with my room's table lamps so I can still have light when power goes out. Currently the battery needs replacing....

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I have a rechargeable compressor
    with cigarette lighter socket and USB port.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Battery pack for USB chargeable devices heheh. Forgot the brand but I got it from Digital Walker.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2 led rechargeble emergency lights, lasts up to 36 hours on low setting and 24 hours on high, tried and tested. I discharge the battery completely every month and it does take more than 24 hours to completely discharge at high setting. These 2 are mounted on my stairways (4 floors e) but can easily be taken anywhere it is needed. Planning to get another one, maybe 2.

1 rechargeable led flashlight good for 3 hours at high and 8 hours at low settings.

1 rechargeble am/fm-fan-lamp-flashlight. Sira na yung lamp, pero di ko naman needed. It came with 1x 6 volt lead acid battery but i added another 1 (battery compartment fits 2).

We have at least 2 full 20 liter bottles of drinking water. Total 20 liter plastic bottles at home is 5. Sop na sa kb namin na magpadeliver pag 2 na lang natira. Also there is a 700liter water tank on the roof.

Planning to buy:
    1. Small genset, maybe 1kva, 2nd hand. May nakita ako motorstar, 4k ang price. Lagi lang nga disapprove kay misis e.
    2. that gas cooker for camping, the one that uses the lpg in small cans (parang can ng wd40)
    3. Ammo. You can never go wrong with having more ammo! My stash is down to 100 rounds of .380 acp, 300 rounds of .40sw and 200 rounds of 5.56. Need to buy at lease 1 can of 5.56 (420 rounds sealed can).

si misis madaming delata sa bahay. Naaabutan nga ng expiry date yung iba kaya natatapon lang minsan. Bili lang siya ng bili, binibigay dun sa lavandera namin pag malapit na ma-expire.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    During Ondoy, I was still really thankful up to this day that I had charged my phone before the power went out. Tapos I also had this AM/FM radio din and an LED torchlight similar to the one below. Yan ang ginamit ko para di naman ako kakapa-kapa lang and not need any assistance when bringing items upstairs. Then meron din akong 24-hr (4-LED's, 8-hrs pag yung 24-LED's yata yun) emergency light for general lighting. Since nag-iisa ako noon, it was really quite a depressing time for me. Only the celfone and the radio kept me company and made me feel I'm still in touch with the world.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast