New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pansin ko medyo madalas nagkaka error Firefox ko lately. And it's becoming slow especially when changing tabs and it uses a lot of resources, umaabot ng 80%! What I do is I close all Firefox windows, then open it again and restore the last session. Nagiging mabilis na and bumababa na resource usage.

Also, whenever I open a PDF link, nagha-hang for a few seconds. Ganyan din when I click on a download link, nagha-hang din muna sya.

Do you also experience this? Right now, balik muna ako sa IE.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've totally given up on firefox din. nakakainis na, parati nagka-crash.

i moved to opera. took a few days to get used to pero its more stable than firefox. it also has built-in bit******* and email clients.

try mo din muna instead of going back to IE.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With Yahoo as the only page open, Firefox does take up more space: 58mb vs 38mb for IE7. In fairness, I also run Ad Block + and a couple of other extensions in Firefox.

But, I haven't noticed any slowdowns. Of course, I only browse 4-5 sites at a time.

All these under Vista Home Premium......

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Pansin ko medyo madalas nagkaka error Firefox ko lately. And it's becoming slow especially when changing tabs and it uses a lot of resources, umaabot ng 80%! What I do is I close all Firefox windows, then open it again and restore the last session. Nagiging mabilis na and bumababa na resource usage.

Also, whenever I open a PDF link, nagha-hang for a few seconds. Ganyan din when I click on a download link, nagha-hang din muna sya.

Firefox does get corrupted from time to time. What you should do, at least to check if firefox itself is the problem, is to uninstall it, download a fresh installer, then reinstall firefox. Just make sure you backup your bookmarks.

Here's a site that could help you to "totally" uninstall firefox before doing a fresh reinstall.

http://www.downloadfirefoxbrowser.co...g_firefox.html

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    No problem with mine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IE seems to load web pages slower than Firefox. I just downloaded and installed Opera browser. Loading of web pages looks as fast as Firefox. And it has a nice feature called Speed Dialer like the speed dialer in cellphones. It already have a built in ad/image blocker. I'll stick with Opera for the mean time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

nope... did you install any add-ons to your firefox?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    nope... did you install any add-ons to your firefox?
    I only installed Adblock Plus & VideoDownloader add-ons.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I only installed Adblock Plus & VideoDownloader add-ons.
    I only installed adblock. My copy of Firefix runs normally.

MS Windows XP SP2
    AVG v7.5 Free Edition
    AMD Sempron 2200+
    512meg RAM

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IE is just wicked slow for me... I'm using Firefox 3 Beta right now because of color management and i love how you can just type keywords in the address bar and your recently visited sites that has that subject (not URL) will appear...

For example, if I want to post in the "Perpetual NBA Thread" in Tsikot, I just type "perpetual" in the address bar and I can go there directly.

I only have Yahoo toolbar loaded as the older FF2 add-ons such as mouse gestures (which Opera has and it's superior) and google toolbar doesn't work with the Beta.

I love Opera but some of the sites I often visit that uses Java is more problematic with Opera.

I am having problems with FF (2 and 3) when it comes to *******s, though... It won't save the ******* file and won't invoke my BT client to open the file. I have to go to IE to do that.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Firefox problems